Psp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psp

I've been looking at this lately and I'm thinking of picking one up when it comes out. Its supposed to be as powerful as the ps2 and also play mp3 and video as well as built in wi-fi. Future add ons might be pda, internet browser and email capabilities. All things that would really interest me.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Re: Psp

its pretty sweet yea neil.. how much do they cost? it would be a cool toy for when i fly thats for sure.
    Last edited by R_Ethug; 03-06-2005, 10:34 PM.

Comment

$299CAD

There are some really cool possibilities with this thing

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-11721-1439-4-6-x

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-11721-1447-4-6-x
      Last edited by 1.8Trip; 03-06-2005, 10:42 PM.
      Neil
      '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

I sugest too people to wait for sony to be forced to fix the problems with the square button. It is to close to the screen so it the switch does not sit right below the button causing it to be unsensitive and not have the same feel as the rest. Sony has said it was designed that way on purpose and they have no plans to change it (i.e. screw you, you will live with it and like it).
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Sorry to drag this thread up from the dead but I just got a free PSP today (perks of the job )

I got one game with it (Midevil), which isnt really my cup of tea, but its graphically pretty neat. I was most impressed with all the neat stuff you can do with this thing! Yea there are the obvious things like playing music and movies, but did you know you can wirelessly surf the internet on this thing? How frikin' cool is that? I was surfing the vortex and posting messages on this thing while I was watching the game on TV. Then I was able to save a picture of my car off the web and use it as the background on the PSP. Haha! Too cool!

Sorry, I know its not that crazy, but I'm pretty amused by it, especially for free. Now I can't wait for grand theft auto to come out for it!
          Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

You guys make me feel REALLY old. I saw the title and got excited that there was a reloading question on here. PSP is a pointed soft point bullet for hunting!

PAC Man came out when I was in University!

BUT, not you might be able to answer one thing for me. My 13 year old son has two fat thumbs and all he can talk about is something called an x-Box 360. I want to surprise him at Christmas with one. When are they going to be out?

Thanks,
            The Old Guy with the Etch-A-Sketch!

Comment

Originally posted by Gone Hunting
              You guys make me feel REALLY old. I saw the title and got excited that there was a reloading question on here. PSP is a pointed soft point bullet for hunting!

PAC Man came out when I was in University!

BUT, not you might be able to answer one thing for me. My 13 year old son has two fat thumbs and all he can talk about is something called an x-Box 360. I want to surprise him at Christmas with one. When are they going to be out?

Thanks,
              The Old Guy with the Etch-A-Sketch!
              Think I heard November/December (just in time for X-mas). Got the $500-$700 they gonna cost? Too much IMO. Probably be just like the PS2 and original XBox with people snatching them up and selling them for at least double on ebay.

Jeff
              01 Jetta GLS
              Last edited by FlyBoy; 10-11-2005, 07:54 AM.
              Jeff
              Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
              Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

Get a pre-order in now or soon and you will be fine and be careful where you go as some places seem to have high prices already. There are a few different packages coming with various options and such but the base package at Future Shop seems to be the same at EB Games from what I have heard, but you should be able to get one for $500.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Gone Hunting
                  Get him a cheaper system this year and the 360 next year then the price drops a couple hundred dollars. The PS3 and Nintendo revolution will be out by next christmas so the price will be way more competative. If you buy it now you will be paying a premium for it with not many games being released for it at the same time. A psp might be a good one but for $300 I can think of way better things to buy him.
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I haven't owned a console since the SNES (which I loved more than anything and still do) however even I am considering getting the new Xbox.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

snes 4 life lol.. but yea HDTV games are going to be sick

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                        snes 4 life lol.. but yea HDTV games are going to be sick
                        Plus I am thinking that it should be a pretty sweet hack-box, it has some serious hardware on it, the possibilities for media and emulation and such will be very very good (already a strength of the current xbox).
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                          Plus I am thinking that it should be a pretty sweet hack-box, it has some serious hardware on it, the possibilities for media and emulation and such will be very very good (already a strength of the current xbox).
                          That is if you are ok with waiting a couple years. It took atleast a solid year before someone hacked the current xbox and another before they where easily attainable. There is a huge problem with backwards compatibility on the 360 too, for one you need the HDD for emulation patches for every xbox game made. Only some games will come with the HDD when it ships (my guess is big games like halo etc) and the rest of the games will be downloadable in the future (ya right more like if ever). So if you have a favorite unpopular xbox game you better blow the dust off it and hook it back up to your TV to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                            That is if you are ok with waiting a couple years. It took atleast a solid year before someone hacked the current xbox and another before they where easily attainable. There is a huge problem with backwards compatibility on the 360 too, for one you need the HDD for emulation patches for every xbox game made. Only some games will come with the HDD when it ships (my guess is big games like halo etc) and the rest of the games will be downloadable in the future (ya right more like if ever). So if you have a favorite unpopular xbox game you better blow the dust off it and hook it back up to your TV to play it.
                            Yes well it works for me since I don't play xbox games, and since I am pretty tolerant of under-development sofware, as long as the hardware hacks are reliable. I'll wait at least until the first hardware pricedrop.
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                            X