rear sway install = dumb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear sway install = dumb!

today i felt like trying (again) to install my rear sway bar.. i got my rear end all jacked up nice and high.. so i try to attach the bar to the axle piece first.. and its too heavy and awkward with 1 person to do it so i put it aside and installed the endlink pieces this was super easy.. so i fit the sway bar to the endlinks and push up and try to remount it to the axle and the stupid clamp things that come with it are so hard to fit so i gave up.. you need 2 people and a hoist to install this thing properly..

Re: rear sway install = dumb!

Originally posted by Ryan
    today i felt like trying (again) to install my rear sway bar.. i got my rear end all jacked up nice and high.. so i try to attach the bar to the axle piece first.. and its too heavy and awkward with 1 person to do it so i put it aside and installed the endlink pieces this was super easy.. so i fit the sway bar to the endlinks and push up and try to remount it to the axle and the stupid clamp things that come with it are so hard to fit so i gave up.. you need 2 people and a hoist to install this thing properly..
    Shoulda done it at like 10pm last night with Bart and I! LOL.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

ahah there you go ryan, no second chance!
      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

no way that new exorcist was awesome.. i'll just be a lazy arse and probably have a shop do it.. or try again at the next mod day

Comment

doh, sorry ryan. the wife wanted to go shopping today so i stayed at home with my daughter.

i left my rsb at work. i'll bring it home and we should get together to do an install sometime. the instructions seem pretty straight forward. do you happen to know what torque the end link bolts are supposed to be done up to?
          Neil
          '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

no idea.. the install honestly isn't that hard but trying to fit it with one person trying to lift the biatch up and balance it,etc is kinda hard.. the metal bracket dealys that hold the bar to the axle piece are hard as hell to make fit for some reason

Comment

Working...
            X