Trouble with Toshiba...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Toshiba...

Has anyone owned or own a Toshiba laptop? I have a Tecra S1 and I have had a lot of troubles with it. The latest has been the motherboard that Compusmart won't warranty cause they said I spilled something on it. I have never spilled anything on it and also there is no signs of external ingress. The motherboard looks like acid ate it. The tech who took my laptop apart actually said that. could it be acid from the battery pack? Could it be acidic flux from the solders on the board? I am having the time of my life sorting this out. I have phoned Toshiba at least five times and I can't get an answer. Here are a couple of pictures. You guys can be the judges. Does anyone know anyone at Toshiba? I need help on this one.

Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: Trouble with Toshiba...

Check the phonebook and look for a Toshiba authorized repair depot (that isn't Compusmart) and take it there. They are obligated to work on it if it is warranty.

Also, they cannot suggest you spilled something on it to deny warranty, they have to PROVE you spilled something on it.

Comment

That sucks, i have had nothing but good luck with my Toshiba laptop. Now that i said that you will probably never see me again on here as i close the lid and burns to the ground!

Comment

There is no way that is from a normal drinkable liquid, the pins would have rust on them otherwise. Believe it or not I get stuff like that to fix all the time and usually in worse condition. To me it looks like that battery has either vented gas or acid and ate away at the board, make sure they replace it to be sure otherwise you will be taking it back a few times.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Looks like I need C.S.I. Calgary on this one. It really sucks because I use the laptop for DnF Motors day to day activities and with out it I'm reserved to using the wife's desktop. I hate not being portable. I went a few rounds with Compusmart and they said it's up to Toshiba to approve the replacement. I have called Toshiba Canada five or more times and all I get is a runaround. I hate seeing a $3600.00 laptop just sit at Compusmart when I am paying for it and should be using it!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
            There is no way that is from a normal drinkable liquid, the pins would have rust on them otherwise. Believe it or not I get stuff like that to fix all the time and usually in worse condition. To me it looks like that battery has either vented gas or acid and ate away at the board, make sure they replace it to be sure otherwise you will be taking it back a few times.
            If for some reason they don't replace the board for me would you be able to look at it for me and give me your opinion wether it's repairable or not? They want $700. for the board! I can chuck another $200 at the $700 and get another cheaper one!

You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
              If for some reason they don't replace the board for me would you be able to look at it for me and give me your opinion wether it's repairable or not? They want $700. for the board! I can chuck another $200 at the $700 and get another cheaper one!
              Sure thing, I might even be able to clean it up really good and hopefully fix the problem.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                Sure thing, I might even be able to clean it up really good and hopefully fix the problem.
                If you could you be da man! I'm still mud wrestling with Toshiba. I guess I have to see the area rep... Stay Tuned....

You dig sucka?!

Comment

Working...
                X