Web hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web hosting?

I'm at wit's end. I've been with your-site.com for far too long now and they continue to suck to the Nth degree. I run a site that gets around 100,000 to 200,000 hits a month. I need PHP and MySql for running PHPBB2, I need a responssive website, and I need reliable email services. A lot of people have jumped ship from your-site recently after amajor email fiasco, going to either mediatemple.com or startlogic.com. They seem to be comparable in price ($5-8 US per month including good storage and MySql databases). Does anyone have any experiences with either of these companies or with others? Thanks guys.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Re: Web hosting?

Well, I've decided to go with mediatemple.net. They seem to have their shiz together. Now begins the always fun process of transfering hosting... blah.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

1and1.com is a huge player that I use for my personal site... 10 bucks/month for business with sql/php/etc.

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

MT is 7.95US/month, including php, mysql databases, alternate domains, and a bunch of other stuff. What really attracts me to them though is their good record and impressive colo facility. I've had it up to my ears with downtime.
        Yuval
        2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Can't offer any help but I'm wondering what site you run? Is this your own business?
          Brandon

Comment

I have an RPG publishing company called Red Spire Press. http://www.redspirepress.com although you'll note that the site is currently down. This is my second career. Free time? What's that?
            Yuval
            2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Well, I may as well throw in a plug for my provider. I'm on Dreamhost and so far its been pretty good. It's about $10 USD/month, but they were having a promo when I signed up, so the first year was $10 US. I think the promo code was 777. Not sure if it still works though.

2.4 GB of storage and 120 GB of bandwidth/month.

http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.cgi?mrheayfoot

And yes, I get $$$ for refering people, and yes again, I misspelt my username when i signed up there..... pity me.
              Pat
              Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

Originally posted by MrHeavyFoot
                Well, I may as well throw in a plug for my provider. I'm on Dreamhost and so far its been pretty good. It's about $10 USD/month, but they were having a promo when I signed up, so the first year was $10 US. I think the promo code was 777. Not sure if it still works though.

2.4 GB of storage and 120 GB of bandwidth/month.

http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.cgi?mrheayfoot

And yes, I get $$$ for refering people, and yes again, I misspelt my username when i signed up there..... pity me.
                I am on Dreamhost too. You don't get money for referring people if they use the 777 code when they sign up...
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                  I am on Dreamhost too. You don't get money for referring people if they use the 777 code when they sign up...
                  Again.... pity me....
                  Pat
                  Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

Man oh man... I started reading through webhostingtalk.com and there's so much bad news all around. :( Lots of negative reports on mediatemple and apparently dreamhost is having a lot of problems this year. Even 1and1, which is huge, is apparently convoluted and over burdened. The fun world of choosing a reliable web host... For now I'm just transfering all of my domains into dotster and I'll decide what to do from there. Jumping from the frying pan into the fire would suck.
                    Yuval
                    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Working...
                    X