Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oem bro

or manziere

anyways i'm thinking of starting to drive my jetta again what with this awesome weather and all. but i don't want to get my newly painted front all chipped up..

what do you guys think of the oem bra? i know it'll probably not fit super great with my kit but i can probably strech it or somhow let it hang or something i dunno.. anything to take rocks

Re: oem bro

Originally posted by Ryan
    or manziere

anyways i'm thinking of starting to drive my jetta again what with this awesome weather and all. but i don't want to get my newly painted front all chipped up..

what do you guys think of the oem bra? i know it'll probably not fit super great with my kit but i can probably strech it or somhow let it hang or something i dunno.. anything to take rocks
    Three words for you.

Green painter's tape.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

LOL not for daily driving kris.. i have to rep hard when i drive around downtown and all.. besides you guys have all seen my awesome tape job from last summer

Comment

LOL not for daily driving kris.. i have to rep hard when i drive around downtown and all.. besides you guys have all seen my awesome tape job from last summer

LOL, how much does it cost to respray a bumper? Quite a bit more than a bra, ya..but...Id much rather pay that extra dollars to look like a pimp all year around than to cruise around with a bra ugly-ing up the front of my car for half a year haha
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

With your body kit the OEM bra will be a pita to make it fit. Mine was a snug fit w/o a body kit.
          Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
          APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

Even with a bra, small gravel bits get under it and then they get ground into your paint. Bra'd cars running without them look worse than cars that never had them in the first place IMO.

Khyron
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Yeah with the bra, sand does get underneath it, and then unless you clean it out VERY often it can make tiny scratches that will be visible after you take the bra off.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

well i'm not driving it everyday with it.. just once or twice a week DT and back.. i just hate driving a beater when its so nice out and i could be rocking out with my sunroof open singing like celion dion or something

Comment

well i'm not driving it everyday with it.. just once or twice a week DT and back.. i just hate driving a beater when its so nice out and i could be rocking out with my sunroof open singing like celion dion or something
                  i have an oem bra that came with my car and I don't use it because **** gets stuck inbetween the car and the bra and makes tiny little scratches. oh, and it doesnt fit with my aftermarket kit.
                  Simon

Comment

sigh.. i guess i'll just keep my car parked until they street sweep.. whenever that is

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
                      i have an oem bra that came with my car and I don't use it because **** gets stuck inbetween the car and the bra and makes tiny little scratches. oh, and it doesnt fit with my aftermarket kit.
                      Yeah, a guy i know put one on his Mazda 3 and he ended up not only being the butt of our bra jokes (called it a 3 cup . . . get it? ), but, more seriously, ended up with lots of scratches from salt and road dirt. So, not only was he ridiculed, but now he's shelled out for a bra AND a paint job (which wasn't done that well).

Of course, if it was a VW instead of a Ford . . . er, Mazda . . . that never would have happened, right?

Comment

sorry, not a paint job . . . buffing and waxing that didn't fix the all the grossness. The paint job is in his future, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X