xbox HD upgrade issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox HD upgrade issue

Hey guys I finally installed my mod chip yesterday into my xbox with the help of brents great soldering skills

so i get it home and flash my bios

i have a 1.6 with a xcecutor 2.6 chip.. the chip has 4 256k banks or 1mb total

well there is an issue with the 1.6 and the EVO M8 1.6 bios where you actually have to flash with a 1MB bios file essentially using up all my space.

okay well this morning I go and put a 200gig HD into my xbox and use a slayer 2.6 setup disc to build it all for me..well i only get 137gig from the drive because i need to enable lba48 support. So i make another bios file with evtool to do this but i have no clue on how to reflash it now
    the slayer 2.6 disc has a flasher but it doesn't want to work on my 1.6 for some reason

anybody have any ideas or am i cursed to just go buy a 120 gig and redo it LOL

Re: xbox HD upgrade issue

The only part I understand in the above post is "hey guys".
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      Hey guys I finally installed my mod chip yesterday into my xbox with the help of brents great soldering skills

so i get it home and flash my bios

i have a 1.6 with a xcecutor 2.6 chip.. the chip has 4 256k banks or 1mb total

well there is an issue with the 1.6 and the EVO M8 1.6 bios where you actually have to flash with a 1MB bios file essentially using up all my space.

okay well this morning I go and put a 200gig HD into my xbox and use a slayer 2.6 setup disc to build it all for me..well i only get 137gig from the drive because i need to enable lba48 support. So i make another bios file with evtool to do this but i have no clue on how to reflash it now
      the slayer 2.6 disc has a flasher but it doesn't want to work on my 1.6 for some reason

anybody have any ideas or am i cursed to just go buy a 120 gig and redo it LOL
      I have the Xenium Ice chip with the xceutor bios and I used the ice bios to upgrade/format my disk. Mine still split the partitions though (138 and 25ish). Check xbox-scene.com for a better app I guess.

Why are you using the Evo M8 bios as opposed to the xecuter? (just curious)

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

i was told its the best bios for the 1.6 xboxes

Comment

i was told its the best bios for the 1.6 xboxes
          If I remmeber doing Alexs now that I thought about it I just used the option to format with a large HDD it with the evox installer disk and it made all the partitions for me and everything. I think you just didn't update the software right as then it doesn't see anything bigger then 137gig.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

yea brent i was using the slayer 2.6 installer it comes with emulators roms, media center, and pretty much everything and it does all the formatting,etc for you

where can i download the evox installer cd? maybe i'll try that

i just have to backup my mario 3 save

Comment

yea brent i was using the slayer 2.6 installer it comes with emulators roms, media center, and pretty much everything and it does all the formatting,etc for you

where can i download the evox installer cd? maybe i'll try that

i just have to backup my mario 3 save
              Should be about the same thing, just make sure you do an install for a large HDD and find the option for drives over 137gig.
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                The only part I understand in the above post is "hey guys".
                You and me both man!!! Ha Ha!!!
                Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH
                  You and me both man!!! Ha Ha!!!
                  LOL you both need to get into the fun world of xbox modding.

Comment

Working...
                  X