Tire sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire sizes?

Ok, so, I have the wheels, now after a brief panic attack of a few people telling me that adapters are "unsafe" I've decided to forge ahead and keep the wheels. My question is, anyone know what tire size would look good? they are 16x7 and 16x8. I want to get FM901's again as I really liked those tires and they were reasonably priced but they come in sizes like 205/45, 195/50 and 205/40. I was thinking 195/45(16x7) and 205/40(16x8) but that might be too big, any ideas? I have some time before I get them but I tried searching on Vortex and didn't find anything.
    Jay

Re: Tire sizes?

Well I guess you have a few options, the 195/45 and the 205/40 setup should be ok. You could also go with the 205/40 all round and just have more stretch on the rear then the fronts. Or you could run 195/40 in the front for more stretch! I guess you just need to decide how euro you want to be!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I'd go with mad stretch on a Mk 3. Something about the angles of the car just seems to love tires that are tight!
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

195 on 8's

I don't know what these are but this car is dope yo.

KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

That doesn't look tooooo bad, whish I could see that first one at a different angle, I'll do a little more looking around.
          Jay

Comment

Remember, it will probably help reduce rubbing too.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
              Remember, it will probably help reduce rubbing too.
              Yea, I wish I had adapters right now so I could put them on and see how much room I have. The thing is I don't want the set up to be too crazy because I may want to travel on this setup hense why the "unsafe" thing made me a little nervous as I don't want a wheel busting off on 1 of many drives through the mountains.

Oh yea, I looked on 1010 for 195/40 and there wasn't such a thing, 'course that would be a little crazy anyway.

I'll think about the 195's on the 8's and maybe 185's (have to see if there is such a thing) on the 7's maybe. I got a while yet anyway, as i'm poor.

Edit: spelling
              Last edited by Tuna; 02-24-2005, 11:07 AM.
              Jay

Comment

A place like Tunershop can help get tires in a bit less common sizes. You have time but just decide how much stretch you want and then get it!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Hey Kris, do you know what the sidewall on those 195's you posted are?
                  Jay

Comment

I am not sure but they look like 40 to me.
                    Blair

Comment

Thanks Blair..... I'm narrowing it down just trying to find tires that are reasonably priced in the proper sizes. obviously 195 on a 16 is not very common.
                      Jay

Comment

Yeah I just found that pic I dunno the details ;(
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                        X