Jetta V trannie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetta V trannie

I think the other thing is they are still fairly new in the consumer world so most likely they will improve over the next while. However I am also concerned as to what a reapir bill would be for doing work on one
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
      I think the other thing is they are still fairly new in the consumer world so most likely they will improve over the next while. However I am also concerned as to what a reapir bill would be for doing work on one
      What he said....
      Jay

Comment

Is weight an issue with a DSG? (as compared to a run of the mill manual gearbox).

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
          Well let see: 2 clutchs along with mating surfices, hyrolics and oil and a complete breakdown od the trany... I see a $3g bill to replace those clutches in the future. Still awesome technology though.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Bottom Line: If they bring a 4-dr GTI 2.0t with SMG here I will buy it. (Prefferably in BMP)

Edit: Dsg, not SMG; lol
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mr. Burns; 02-26-2005, 11:23 AM.

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
              Bottom Line: If they bring a 4-dr GTI 2.0t with SMG here I will buy it. (Prefferably in BMP)

smg ? ?

Comment

SMG is bmws DSG used in the m3 csl,m3 and a bunch of rides now

but somebody above mentioned audis shifts faster which is a good thing

Comment

The red A5 coming to the Calgary autoshow, has the dsg WITH paddle shifters!! It is is in halifax right now. I was at the VW office (Vancouver) and one of the guys told me its headin' to Calgary but don't expect to be able to buy one with paddle shifters soon! Bummer.

Comment

Working...
                  X