NVD Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVD Video

I'm just working on the NVD video, splicing together all the clips from the 3 or 4 cruises we had during the summer/fall. Just a few questions for our computer Guru's. I cut down the video to 4 and a 1/2min, but the file is still almost 500mb. Any ideas on how to compress it more? Right now it's compressed as MS-CRAM video, with ADPCM audio. I was thinking of cutting the video into two pieces, but 230mb is still too big. Any ideas?

Also, anyone willing to donate the space to host this thing....
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Re: NVD Video

Originally posted by liquid

Also, anyone willing to donate the space to host this thing....

I am willing to host it, I run a linux server. Let me know (rbandura1@shaw.ca)
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Originally posted by RussellB
      I am willing to host it, I run a linux server. Let me know (rbandura1@shaw.ca)
      Russ is actually doing DnF's New webpage. He is also got us hooked up for www.DnFMotors.com !
      Solid guy. I recomend him to anyone who needs anything web-based.
      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
      You dig sucka?!

Comment

Many factors change the size of the video.

One is the physical dimensions of the video. I released mine at 320x240 pixels. This may seem small but it is the standard size for internet broadband video. Do not go any larger than 640x480! The first step you take should be to shrink the dimensions.

Two is the video codec and bitrate. This is basically the quality. 150-512Kbps is kind of average range for internet video. You should compress it with div-x for the best quality at the smallest size. The only disadvantage to div-x is that it takes a lot of processing power (time) to create the file.

Three is the audio codec and compression level, generally you want to encode your audio similar to an MP3 at about 128kbps.

If you want help converting/encoding the video, I will vollunteer, I am sure I can get it to less than 10mb and maybe as low as 5.

I can also host it on krisread.com at least until they tell me I have used too much bandwidth... although I have 120gb/month which should be plenty!
        Last edited by Kor; 02-21-2005, 02:25 PM.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

thanks for the offer russell. As soon as I can cut it down to a manageable size, I'll email it to you.

Comment

man everyone always forgets about nwcalgarydub.com thats okay my server is down right now and being rebuilt in a linux box..

Comment

How can you use MP3 files in Premiere Kris? I thought only wave files were allowed? Also, I dont think the div-x codec is in the drop box of available codecs right now.

If I can get this file under 30mb, I'll be happy.

Comment

It's down to 112mb, by decreasing the size to 320X240. The quality has really gone down though, as it's now 256 colors, and video compression is still MSCRAM. I can't seem to find the option to turn it to an MPEG video, since I'm only running premiere 6, and there doesn't seem to be a "save for web" function.

Comment

export video function.. you will need the proper plugins for premiere aswell.. colin i have premiere pro aka 7.5 if you want that

Comment

OK, it's done and down to less than 50mb, and just under 5min long. I dont want to cut it down anymore, since the quality has already decreased so much. Anyhow, I'll email it to Russell, and once he hosts it..... it'll be good to go. Just remember, I'm not the best video editor.

Comment

I will have it uptonight. May not be the a great address (lots of numbers) but you can just point to it!
                      2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Just save it as uncompressed audio/video and then use an external program to convert the output using divx and mp3. Seriously, it shouldn't look any worse!
                        Last edited by Kor; 02-21-2005, 08:01 PM.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Kris, I know I'll get better at this with time. I'm just really new to it, that's all. So please bear with me guys

Comment

Until I get Adobe 7.5 from ryan, or from other sources.... what external program can I use to transfer it to MPEG1, etc....?

Comment

http://68.146.102.92:8080/demo_sites...smallintel.avi

edit.. 50MB right click save as please
                              Last edited by R_Ethug; 02-22-2005, 01:21 PM.
                              2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
                              X