Modelling a FMIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modelling a FMIC

K before I drop some hard earned slacker coin on a fmic next month I was thinking of doing some FMIC modelling.. anybody know if you can buy like a big block of styrofoam from a model store or something like that? then simply cut up the styro block to the shave/demensions of your FMIC and fit it behind the bumper and see how it looks and if it fills your bumper grills or if you'll need to hack the crap outta your front end,etc

sound good?

Re: Modelling a FMIC

Originally posted by Ryan
    K before I drop some hard earned slacker coin on a fmic next month I was thinking of doing some FMIC modelling.. anybody know if you can buy like a big block of styrofoam from a model store or something like that? then simply cut up the styro block to the shave/demensions of your FMIC and fit it behind the bumper and see how it looks and if it fills your bumper grills or if you'll need to hack the crap outta your front end,etc

sound good?
    That sounds like a good idea.. I you wanna have a look at my fmic and see where you need to cut and where it's tight your more then welcome to..
    EURODYNE
    01 Gti awd 2L 20V HTA3582 11.4@124 best mph 128.25
    04 R32T 6266
    Tow machine 2011 F350 DRW 6.7

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan

sound good?
      You can buy 2ft by 8ft sheets of foam in a variety of thicknesses from Home Depot etc. You may have to sandwich a couple of sheets together using some spray adhesive to get the correct thickness. You could then cut & sculpt you FMIC to the correct dimensions.

Andrew
      www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

cool! i was just thinking of it last night that way you could actually find out if core you want will look stupid or just right or whatever..

this would be especially good for kris who is afraid to cut up his caractere front for his.

Comment

If you dont wanna hack up your front end,, dont go any wider then a 2.5 core, cause after that its hacking time..
          EURODYNE
          01 Gti awd 2L 20V HTA3582 11.4@124 best mph 128.25
          04 R32T 6266
          Tow machine 2011 F350 DRW 6.7

Comment

The problem is, you need a certain volume of intercooler if you want the air to be cool. So I say, hack away.

If you are keeping your stock turbo, you don't need that big of a FMIC.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i guess.. i don't want to make my front end look any different than it will look when i pick it up tommorow so i want a core that fills my entire mouth basically so it looks pimp

Comment

For a thin core and small fmic I might consider this one:

http://www.johnnyracecar.com/VI041115.htm
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

man those are cheap

Comment

PM Hobbycraft should also have foam for the train set landscaping....
                    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
                    X