stupid insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid insurance

okay since fall i've taken the collision insurance off of my jetta and just left on pl/pd/fire/theft kinda thing since its parked all the time.. woot okay done

i phoned today to turn it back for next week and to take it off and they told me they can only turn it on/off once a year!!?? i said fine put it back on even though i'm not going to drive it and pay for it

is this legit? i'm thinking they just want money from me so i'm just gonna phone back after WoW and tell them to take collision off again and see what happens lol

Re: stupid insurance

Can you get weekend only insurance?
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i dunno i need it for the whole week tho cuz i have to take it to the shop monday morning for painting,etc if i can't remove it again no big deal cuz my current policy expires april 1, 2005 and hopefully all the snow will be gone by then lol (and rocks )

they asked why i lied and said i need to get it serviced.. oh well.. service indeed

Comment

AMA let me park/insure/park the Porsche as often as I liked
        EU Tuning
        European Performance Products
        www.eutuning.ca
        slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

yea i'm pretty sure i can do it too simon.. i think they were feeding me bull..

Comment

Might be a tradeoff for cheaper rates (less changing of the policy). Mine also let me switch all the time - just phoned her up and she'd fax a temp pink slip.

Khyron
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Yeah, thats a wad of crap. When my Neon was being worked on here and there I would transfer insurance all around. Parking on the Neon and driving on my Daytona one week, the other week was vice-versa. Only once did they say there was going to be a service charge and it was only $20, which I handily saved by removing the insurance from the more expensive car.

Comment

oh for sure.. my insurance is really weird before this is how it was

160/mo jetta (down from 200 after govt stuff)
                then when i added my beater lebaron

260/month for both vehicles.. okay thats fine but here is the reallly wierd part!

remove ONLY collision from jetta and leave basic stuff on and keep lebaron the same

75/month for both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have no idea why or how but i'll pay it LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  oh for sure.. my insurance is really weird before this is how it was

160/mo jetta (down from 200 after govt stuff)
                  then when i added my beater lebaron

260/month for both vehicles.. okay thats fine but here is the reallly wierd part!

remove ONLY collision from jetta and leave basic stuff on and keep lebaron the same

75/month for both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have no idea why or how but i'll pay it LOL
                  I am guessing maybe with both vehicles insured, ONE you are assumed to be driving the most expensive one most of the time.

TWO they know you have a second insured car sitting around that you may be frequently lending to friends, girlfriends, spouses, or who knows who. Added risk.

THREE perhaps you only drive the lebaron it in the winter, rain, hail, and other crappy conditions. Therefore the risk on the second vehicle is increased above normal risk levels due to the conditions you most frequenly drive it in. You are likely to abuse it because it is your beater car and thats what its for.

On the other hand, if you are only driving the lebaron, and the jetta is in the garage but not insured for collision, you are unlikely to be driving it at all, or lending it to people. Therefore they can charge you as though you only are insuring the lebaron at a normal rate.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Wow, 75 a month for both of them is awesome.

Through AMA right now I am paying 130 a month for the GTI, parking insurance on the Neon, and basic driving insurance on the POS truck.

Once the Neon is back in driving mode it is gonna go retarded as I have to disclose that it is modified. :(

Comment

If you are still making payments for the Jetta, you can't take collision off and still drive it. I'm pretty sure you will lose the car when the creditor finds out (and they check constantly - they are notified on change of insurance). When a buddy changed insurance companies his credit company didn't get the paperwork and were phoning threats within a week.

If you own the car, ignore the above. But if you don't own it yet, the bank does and they won't take any liability at all.

Khyron
                      Geoff

Comment

I told my finance company to stick it in their butt with regards to collision coverage when the Neon was in for it's mods. I told them there was no sense in having collision on the vehicle if the vehicle was not driven.

They sent me nasty letters, and a couple of pissy phone calls but as long as the payments keep coming they aren't terribly concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI
                          I told my finance company to stick it in their butt with regards to collision coverage when the Neon was in for it's mods. I told them there was no sense in having collision on the vehicle if the vehicle was not driven.

They sent me nasty letters, and a couple of pissy phone calls but as long as the payments keep coming they aren't terribly concerned.
                          Yes but you were parking it. Ryan wants to drive it with no collision (that's what I'm reading above anyway).

Khyron
                          Geoff

Comment

?????????????????????????no no no geoff your on crack.. no way in hell i'll drive my jetta with no collision.. and yes my bank said it was okay to do this and sent my insurance a letter telling them i can do it.

i just don't want to spend money when i don't need to.. no sense paying for collision insurance when the car is parked for 6 months of the year..

Comment

On an only marginally related note:

My sister, who works as an insurance advisor for one of the larger firms in town, told me the other day that as of October last year insurance companies can no longer demand safety inspections as a requirement to insure you. Furthermore they cannot deny or penalize you for not providing such a report upon request.

SUH-WHEEEEET.

Now I don't have to fart with the wiring on my old crappy truck to figure out why the left front signal lights and park lights stopped working.

Comment

Working...
                              X