Bought a new toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bought a new toy!

how can you prefer a 46inc to a 51inc? Whats there not to like about 5 extra inches?

that being said, I dont see the point in having anything over 42inc...plasma/lcd all the way =)
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

Man you guys are ballers. I just got a Wega 27" (non plasma), and that was my crowning entertainment achievement.
      Last edited by liquid; 01-25-2005, 05:53 PM.
      Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

it all depends on what you want.. originally i was gonna buy a 58" but i went with 52 cuz the price was better.. then when i got it home i was like uh oh i bought too big.. and wish i got a 42-46 but then i got used to it and 46 would seem to small now and 58 too big.. i guess it depends on your room..

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
          how can you prefer a 46inc to a 51inc? Whats there not to like about 5 extra inches?

that being said, I dont see the point in having anything over 42inc...plasma/lcd all the way =)
          Depends on the room - in my old condo a 32 was huge, now a 57 is the bare minimum.

Khyron
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I find the difference between 46" to 51" very little, viewable wise......Anyhow, I am using Svideo for satellite, and digital component (Y, Pr, Pb) for DVD prgressive scan, and then the same thing for Xbox.....Using just plain A/V for Gamecube though......I do have a digital in, but I don't think my DVD player had digital out, may have to check again....ANyhow, thanks for the great info!!
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

You enabled the progressive scan option? It's off by default on the players I've seen.

Khyron
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

yea thats so retarded geoff.. i own a LG dvd player that upconverts to 1080i or 720p its pretty bling.. you can get it for like 250 now

Comment

Mines actually a switch, of course it hasn't been turned on because the old TV wasn't compatible...
                  2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                  2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                  2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

[QUOTE=TurboMedic]I find the difference between 46" to 51" very little, viewable wise......

Regular tv/movies you probably won't notice much....I find sports with lots of movement quit noticable.....it really only comes down to personal preference.....and that you got Hitachi......

Comment

Your post has got me thinking that my TV is really small. Hmmmm..... perhaps I should do something about that.
                      billip
                      2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                        I personally know a guy who blew the inputs on his TV using standard RCAs.

Component video is 75ohm coax with RCA plugs. You can use the higher end RCA wires and get away with it, or build your own (bulk coax with rca plugs). But the cheaper ones? Try using a cheap RCA instead of coax for your cable modem... I dunno, Brent's the electrics guy, but I've always said "If no one else recommends doing it, it's probably not a great idea". What's RCA cable normally? 16 gauge?

Edit: dammit mixed component with composite. fixed.

Khyron
                        Making cables is probably not economical, but when compared to paying for them at futureshop/bestbuy/a&b/visions........ it can be cheaper for the same quality.

if you need cheap composite same as those sold for $20 or more , RONA sells them for about $11 - 6ft length
                        a cheaper place is B&E Industrial Electronics - 6ft cables for about $8, seen cables of this quality for $40 - $50
                        (note: stores in Calgary used for reference for our non-local readers)
                        put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

buy your cables off ebay.. i bought a monster THX certified 6' component off ebay for 40bucks canadian and when i was at a best buy in st.louis this summer they wanted 115US for the same cable!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by R_Ethug; 01-30-2005, 01:56 AM.

Comment

I have some prolink, and I just bought philips 24K component cables, they are quite nice!! I think my Svideo cable is toast though, its the second time that there is no picture transmitted through it....Oh, and the TV is friggin HUGE in my house....looks goofy now, but will be better when it goes downstairs.....
                            Last edited by Aleks; 01-30-2005, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X