Any Hip fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Hip fans?

I'm going to the concert on Friday (Wife got me tickets) and I'm pretty excited. I wasn't the biggest fan of their albums after "Day for night" but this latest one is growing on me. I just hope they do some old school stuff, as long as they play Nautical Disaster my evening will be made. I've heard their concerts are really good here (I've missed them every time they came through).

Anyway, I can't wait, i'm almost excited has the Halo2 release
    Jay

Re: Any Hip fans?

I saw the Hip once in concert I guess it would have been the Phantom Power tour I think but it was very good. I am not a huge fan but I would have to go way back to Road Apples for my favorites. I am also going to be away on friday so no go but I will be checking out REM on wednesday night. Hope you enjoy it!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yeah we get the hip out here in kingston pretty often. I saw them and Matt Good earlier this year.
      Nick
      There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
        I'm going to the concert on Friday (Wife got me tickets) and I'm pretty excited. I wasn't the biggest fan of their albums after "Day for night" but this latest one is growing on me. I just hope they do some old school stuff, as long as they play Nautical Disaster my evening will be made. I've heard their concerts are really good here (I've missed them every time they came through).

Anyway, I can't wait, i'm almost excited has the Halo2 release
        Nice! I used to be (still kinda am) such a HUGE hip fan! I have seen them in concert 4 times, including twice from box seats, once outdoors, and have many T-shirts

My first concert was Day for Night in Calgary and I was blown away. Probably stands out in my mind as the best concert I have been to - not sure if it was the show or just how excited I was. Day for Night is still my favorite hip album. Nautical Disaster is one of the best tracks on that CD although to me every track on Day for Night is perfect.

However, Music At Work was the last Hip CD I have bought. To be honest, I didn't really like it except for 1-2 tracks. Previously I liked all the tracks on any hip album I had I haven't even listened to more recent CD's. I think there are at least two. I guess I think that the Hip have lost something since the old days and my own musical tastes have changed. However, I still listen to a Hip CD now and then and definitely still absolutely love the old albums.

I have two excellent rare live MP3 tracks from the old days, one of New Orleans is Sinking and another of Highway Girl, I should send em to ya if you don't already have them?
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I enjoy fully completely, day for night, trouble at the henhouse, and to a certain extent phantom power, but nothing that post dates those albums.
          Last edited by Mr. Burns; 11-15-2004, 02:48 PM.

Present
          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
          2003 VW Jetta GLI
          1992 VW Jetta GL
          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Yea, every time they bring a new CD out I hope it's gonna be like the old albums where I loved every song. Day for night is also my favorite. day for night back I liked every song even stuff like "fiddlers green". But when I bought trouble in the henhouse I didn't like much of it and was a huge dissapointment, so I haven't listened to the newer albums nearly as much (Phantom power and music at work). The new one IS growing on me though. I would still consider myself a fan but perhaps less so than the days of fully completely and day for night. I'm gonna have to check them out again though because I recently saw an old MM concert thing with them on it and they did some songs from those albums and I liked them (the best was when a fan asked to hear Cordelia, and he couldnt remember the words so he got the fan to come up and sing with him, that was cool)

Chris, no, I probably don't have those tracks, I got a bunch of CD's stolen a while back with pretty much anything remotely interesting on them.
            Last edited by Tuna; 11-15-2004, 03:08 PM.
            Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
              Chris, no, I probably don't have those tracks, I got a bunch of CD's stolen a while back with pretty much anything remotely interesting on them.
              If you are a Hip fan you should *defnitely* have these 2 MP3's - send me an email (kris.read@gmail.com) or connect to me on messenger if you use it (kdr_canada@hotmail.com).
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I've seen the Hip four times... (once back to back) and I absolutely love them. Exceptional live concert. Exceptional performance. You will thoroughly enjoy it!!! Thank your wife...
                -- Mark --
                I want my VW to be fast.
                2001 Blue Lagoon Jetta GLS 1.8T
                Terrorists suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                  If you are a Hip fan you should *defnitely* have these 2 MP3's - send me an email (kris.read@gmail.com) or connect to me on messenger if you use it (kdr_canada@hotmail.com).
                  Thanks for the songs Kris, they're really good. Especially the whale tank one.
                  Jay

Comment

I seen beastie boys play tonight in rome .. front row .. f**king amazing .. and only cost me 6 euros to get in. Fantastic show.
                    William

Comment

I hate you, and hope you die!

J/K I am green with envy though!

Present
                      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                      2003 VW Jetta GLI
                      1992 VW Jetta GL
                      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs
                        I seen beastie boys play tonight in rome .. front row .. f**king amazing .. and only cost me 6 euros to get in. Fantastic show.
                        /jealous
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                          /jealous
                          I think we all are, but REM was very good last night though.
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                            I think we all are, but REM was very good last night though.
                            Bah! Can't even compare REM to the beasties

haha I remember one day back in at sait, mike comes to school in a suit and tells me how bad ass he felt rollin in the dub with the windows down listenin to some beasties in a suit!
                            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                            -james

Comment

Sabotage!

Present
                              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                              2003 VW Jetta GLI
                              1992 VW Jetta GL
                              1984 VW Rabbit GTI