Spotted: R32 in Calgary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted: R32 in Calgary!

Leaving the hospital today, was at the intersection of 26th and 16th ave, and turning off of 16th was a R32....It was the first one I saw, so I had to follow and see if it really was....Sure enough, blue metallic, Koenig seats, fantastic exhaust note, just an all around beautiful looking car! Montana plates of course, and some older couple (like 50's+) driving it.....All I gotta say is a BIG thumbs down collectively to the DOT and to VW for keeping this out of our market...I would trade mine in tommorow if they brought them here! ANyhow, keep an eye out around town!!
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Re: Spotted: R32 in Calgary!

i saw one finally too.. tornado red.. sounded so hot i talked to the owner and he let me check it out.. its a crazy car for sure.. vwoc really went stupid not bringing it here

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      i saw one finally too.. tornado red.. sounded so hot i talked to the owner and he let me check it out.. its a crazy car for sure.. vwoc really went stupid not bringing it here
      Probably wasn't VWoC that nixed it. VWoA probably gobbled up every one of them that would be destined for NA for their own market. We're a small market to ALOT of companies and don't get alot of respect.
      TDi performance. Have your performance cake and eat it too
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/z32nut

Comment

Originally posted by Z32Nut
        Probably wasn't VWoC that nixed it. VWoA probably gobbled up every one of them that would be destined for NA for their own market. We're a small market to ALOT of companies and don't get alot of respect.
        Two words for you. Safety regulations.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
          Two words for you. Safety regulations.
          I am pretty sure thats what sunk the R32 in Canada. IIRC safety standards in Canada are also why the Jetta wagon was delayed until it got a new bumper for the Canadian market.

Andrew
          www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Does that extra 2-3MPH really save lives? Not in anything I've seen......what a total crock....
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
              Does that extra 2-3MPH really save lives? Not in anything I've seen......what a total crock....
              I think that the transportation safety people should be more concerned with getting all the old POS vehicles off the road rather than nit picking newer ones that meet safety standards elsewhere. There also needs to be tighter restrictions on SUV/Truck heights & bumpers which are also out of control.

Some of the crap you see driving on the roads these days is enough crazy. That would save some lives IMO.

Andrew
              www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer
                I think that the transportation safety people should be more concerned with getting all the old POS vehicles off the road rather than nit picking newer ones that meet safety standards elsewhere. There also needs to be tighter restrictions on SUV/Truck heights & bumpers which are also out of control.

Some of the crap you see driving on the roads these days is enough crazy. That would save some lives IMO.

Andrew
                Sheesh, you said it!! I'm baffled at some of the stuff that's alowed to drive on the roads!

Those same regulations are preventing the EVOVIII from coming here too, what a shame....I'd like to see those STi owners knocked down a peg.
                Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
                  Sheesh, you said it!! I'm baffled at some of the stuff that's alowed to drive on the roads!

Those same regulations are preventing the EVOVIII from coming here too, what a shame....I'd like to see those STi owners knocked down a peg.
                  They will come down a couple pegs for sure as I just heard the skyline GTR will be here in 2006. Comming in at about $100g's though I guess they are purposely not making the G35 couple in all wheel drive as tehy don't want the two to compete, even though the sedan has it
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

WTF no coupe in awd!!??? stupid idiots make the 350z in awd and i'd buy it tommorow

Comment

WTF no coupe in awd!!??? stupid idiots make the 350z in awd and i'd buy it tommorow
                      Nope but I hear the skyline will be 550Hp stock
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

WTF! where is this info brent? is it the same skyline in F&F2?

Comment

WTF! where is this info brent? is it the same skyline in F&F2?
                          A guy I work with went for a test drive in a g35 last night as his parents are driving one. I believe he spoke in detail with the salesman about it. I would think it would be the curent model as I believe the g35 is based on the same drivetrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                            A guy I work with went for a test drive in a g35 last night as his parents are driving one. I believe he spoke in detail with the salesman about it. I would think it would be the curent model as I believe the g35 is based on the same drivetrain.
                            no the new skyline will not be the same as the F&F2 one, thats an R34.

and here's a pic of the new skyline:

Simon

Comment

wtf! it looks like the audi concept car i forget the name.. 550hp is damn crazy tho

Comment

Working...
                              X