Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need for Speed Underground 2

Originally posted by Kor
    The 240 is probably the best starting car.

I recommend holding out for the TT and buying that as your second car, if you can last that long. The A3 is also pretty good.
    ya i'm holding out.

i'm still with the 240
    I just unlocked the supra.

When will the golf come? or TT?
    Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
      The 240 is probably the best starting car.

I recommend holding out for the TT and buying that as your second car, if you can last that long. The A3 is also pretty good.
      You have to buy cars? I have been getting them free from sposors and I just traded the stock miata for a higher level can and it didn't cost me anything so I don't think you have to pay for cars do you? I have a nice puego 206 that is a 3 star car and a gto the is all suped up. I have even been playing it on my PC with my xbox controller
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
        You have to buy cars? I have been getting them free from sposors and I just traded the stock miata for a higher level can and it didn't cost me anything so I don't think you have to pay for cars do you? I have a nice puego 206 that is a 3 star car and a gto the is all suped up. I have even been playing it on my PC with my xbox controller
        No I just meant don't use your 'free' cars right away for no reason, better to have a lot of nice cars than to have a nissan 240, a civic, and a golf

Also, you can make the early cars like the 240 last until near the end of the 2nd contract at least. So why bother upgrading right away?

I can't believe you picked the peugot and then the gto?! The GTO!!!?! Yuck!

One thing that my brother and I noticed is that the speed of the cars is not consistant with what is shown on the dyno. The dyno Torque/HP/time numbers do change when you tune the car, and the top speed is fairly accurate. However you can run better times for your 0-60 and 0-100 than the dyno shows with some of the cars and not others, and on the street you can tell they are way faster or slower than the dyno seems to show. I think (not sure) that the cars are slowest-to-fastest in the order that NFS2U displays them in the menu. The RX-7 for instance dyno'd poorly for me but it is much faster than anything else I have unlocked! The 350Z and G35 also perform better than the dyno tuning indicates. I believe the car that is furthest to the left (Peugot 206) is slowest and car that is furthest to the right in the menu should be fastest.

Also the cars seem to respond to mods the same way, so putting in Stage III stuff for 2 Stage I cars won't catapult one car over the previously better car.

So far (I havent played much) I have unlocked:

Hyundai Tiburon
        Toyota Celica
        Acura RSX
        Audi A3
        Audi TT
        Mitsubishi Eclipse
        Mitsubishi Lancer
        Mazda RX7
        Nissan 350Z
        Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
        Toyota Supra
        Volkswagen Golf
        '05 Ford Mustang GT
        Infiniti G35 Coupe
        Lexus IS 300
        Mazda RX8
        Mitsubishi 3000GT
        Pontiac GTO

Not in that order though.
        Last edited by Kor; 11-15-2004, 02:20 PM.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

looks cool ! i am almost am ashamed to say but I haven't even played the first one yet. I think I might pick it up soon when the price drops. I don't buy many games. I still haven't got vice city for GTA I am still playing the 3rd one.
          2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
          1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
          1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
          Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Comment

i finally played it tonight.. its pretty good.. i'm still in the first level though but i can get 1st in all my races.. i picked a 240sx as my first car

Comment

heres my TT:

Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Comment

Nice!!!!!!
                2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
                1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
                1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
                Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Comment

the game was taking too long to beat so i cheated and downloaded a save game and now i just play freely.. much easier lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                    the game was taking too long to beat so i cheated and downloaded a save game and now i just play freely.. much easier lol
                    I would hate to see you with an RPG game, I bet you would go through 2 controllers
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

LOL.. brent don't get me started i go through at least 4-6 PS2 controllers a year.. i'm on my 3rd gamecube one now too.. they just break too easy

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                        LOL.. brent don't get me started i go through at least 4-6 PS2 controllers a year.. i'm on my 3rd gamecube one now too.. they just break too easy
                        That is because you are suppost to keep them in your hands, not use them for weapons of mass fustration

Comment

hrmm i guess i need a woman to beat then..

whoops wrong forum again (this is beyond aint it?)
                          Last edited by R_Ethug; 11-17-2004, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X