How to import to Canada for cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to import to Canada for cheap

One other idea is if you know someone who lives out east in the great-lakes area, you may be able to have them drive across the lake, pick up something, drive back into Canada, and ship it to you. The drive is much shorter from say Windsor to Detroit than from Calgary to the nearest US border town.

Lots of people drive across often for their jobs, so depending on who you know this may not be much trouble for them.

Unfortunately I can't help with any specific contacts.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

vermont->quebec border has farmers roads that cross the border without the mall-security-mace-toting-punks wanting to search your car =) Another good trick that my grandpa and I used to do (to bring back booze) was we'd take his truck with a quad in the flatbed, he'd drop me off in the quad 2km away from the border, Id drive through a few farmers fields or what have you and meet him 2km away from the border on the US side, bob's your uncle. Granted bringing seats back would be a little different than 3 or 4 cases of wine but same concept should apply..just need a couple quads
      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
      -james

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
        Another good trick that my grandpa and I used to do (to bring back booze) was we'd take his truck with a quad in the flatbed, he'd drop me off in the quad 2km away from the border, Id drive through a few farmers fields or what have you and meet him 2km away from the border on the US side, bob's your uncle.
        I am sorry but I find that hilarious for some reason
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
          vermont->quebec border has farmers roads that cross the border without the mall-security-mace-toting-punks wanting to search your car =) Another good trick that my grandpa and I used to do (to bring back booze) was we'd take his truck with a quad in the flatbed, he'd drop me off in the quad 2km away from the border, Id drive through a few farmers fields or what have you and meet him 2km away from the border on the US side, bob's your uncle. Granted bringing seats back would be a little different than 3 or 4 cases of wine but same concept should apply..just need a couple quads
          Just like some twisted version of a cannonball run!
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Dukes of Hazzard!!!

look out, its bawss hawgg!!
            The world has but three sports, Bullfighting, Mountain Climbing, and Motor Racing. All the rest are merely games - Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by nephilim
              Dukes of Hazzard!!!

look out, its bawss hawgg!!
              Aha that is exactly what I was picturing, running moonshine across the county line. Yee-haw!
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

haha no need to apologize, it WAS hilarious! Felt like such a bad-ass..Evading the law and such
                REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                -james

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                  Aha that is exactly what I was picturing, running moonshine across the county line. Yee-haw!
                  Haha!

Also, Vancouver/Washington would work the same way your Eastern idea would.
                  Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
                    Haha!

Also, Vancouver/Washington would work the same way your Eastern idea would.
                    Good point!
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                    X