i guess make myself knowen..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i guess make myself knowen..

hello all of you. my name is george sage i live in winnipeg canada.. i guess alot of you already know who i am but alot of you dont..

part of the reason for that is cuz i didnt have internet for about 2 months (right when the site was being re-disgned)

i kinda feel out of the loop, now as some of you may know,, i used to have a 1999.5 Jetta GLS VR6 auto, silver with black velour interior.. at the time i worked at burger king.. now to own that car and work at burger king wasnt that easy,, my monthly payments where not to bad cuz i had a big down payment.. but that car was expensive on gas (also has to do with the way i drive )
    and the insurence was higher then normal.. and i wasnt really making that much cash..
    now dont get me wrong.. i was making my payments.. but i wasnt really having fun..
    i mean alsmost all my cash was going into the car..
    so then i made one of the stupidest dessisions of my life..(i admit it, but theres nothing i can do now.. just look forward) i traded in my jetta for my current New Beetle. i did really like it at first. but the novelty has worn off.. EVERYONE told me to keep my jetta but i didnt listen..peter told me (not even sure if he was joking or not!) after i aksed him if he would put my beetle in one of those kick ass vids of all your dubs, he said no :( , but he MAY have been joking anyways besides that.. i just dont get the same feeling as when i looked outside and saw my beatuiful jetta, she was debagged looks so good with silver.. man, once i let my friend dirve my car and i drove his truck behind him and i watched my car and i couldnt belive that it was actully MY CAR! wow she was sexy! if u want to see a pic let me know.. i only have 2 :( but i chrish them! (in my opinion a car thats moving looks alot better then a car just sitting there especially if you have nice wheels, next time you drive past some glass or those big buildings that are made of mirriors take a look! i know im probibly not the first to do that but its worth it!)

so now part of the reason i regret trading in my jet jet.. (as i called her) is that now i have a much better paying job, actually 2 (i do tech support for fedex.com for a company called convergys, there are 2 of them in edmonton and a few elsewhere in canada they pay me $10/hour and i also deliver pizza for domminoes! they pay me cash everyday i work witch is real nice, and with tips it ends up being over $10 an hour usually! and they take off no diductions.. kinda like under the table but not really.. hard to expain)and i could afford the payments comfotably! and probibly also afford to do some mods once in a while too!

so now i am kinda stuck with my bug, i cant sell it, i advertized it in the buy and sell (canadatrader.com).. spent $60 and NOT ONE PERSON RESPONDED!! its got low kms only 50,000 on a GLS 98, its got grey leather heated seats witch is very rare in a 98, and its also cyber green witch was extreemly difficult to get in 98, but still no one respoded.. i do have some potentail buyrs now but nothing is garunteed, hopfully one of them will take it so then i wont lose so much cash again if i have to trade it in.

as u may or may not know i was looking at an 98 Audi A4, 2.8L Quattro with tiptronic trans. black on black cloth, basicly all options

and i was gonna trade in my beetle for that,, i would have lost money again on the trade in, but thats how bad i want out of the beetle, but my mom wouldnt co sign cuz it had quit a few km's (106,000) but now they have lowered the price from 24,888 to 21,888 AND! i just found out that my boss at domminoes pizza knows the owner of the mercadies dealership, where they have that 98 Audi A4!, and apperently the owener co-signed for one of my bosses friends! (talk about trustworthy)
    so jon my boss is going to talk to him and see what can be done..
    also my boss did say that he would co-sign for me as a last resort, now i dont know if i would want him to but it is an interesting offer! and peter did say i could be in your cool vids even if i got the A4 even though its technicly not a NVD!! (thanks peter!!)

so hopfully i can get back into the loop, i read all your posts so i feel like i kinda know you,. even some of the newer people,

another reason why im posting is because i want to be part of this close knit family that is NVD.com and i hope u all can except me to it even though i have a new beetle haha!
    (no joke!,i know it must be hard hehe )

i have supported this site since the first time i saw it (ask peter!), i love it, i hardly ever go to the vortex anymore! and the new look thats coming.. i cant waite till its all done..

thanks for reading guy (and girls! )
    i really apprciate it. im just looking for some cool friends! one day i hope to meet most of you! (meaning the ones who live close by, like calgary!..)

cya

ps if u know anyone lookin for a beetle let me know god damit! ill post some pics of my jet jet for the hell of it..
    Soon to be: SOMTHING OTHER THEN A GOD DAMED BEETLE!!!! for crying out loud..

ok here are some pics of my old 99.5 Jetta GLS VR6...

(these where taken before i debadged... unfortently)

boy do i miss her alot.....

here are pics of my first VW a 1988 Jetta Slalom for any of you interested.. (slalom was a limited edition jetta avalible in canada only in conjunction with the 1988 winter olymic games in Calgary! woo hoo! it had some snazzy seats. it was also a 2 door, witch was pritty rare and it had a spoier!
    otherwise its a plain old jetta! oh yea.. it also had those real nice wheels, i loved those rims!! even though they where rusting...

i also had a 1996 Golf CL, i have no pics and it is my lest favorit out of all of them so it doesnt matter anyways! (it was green if your wondering!)

my first car was a 1987 Nissan pulsar witch i killed in 2 weeks (couldnt handel my driving! )
    and the dealer let me chose 1 of 3 VWS (witch i new NOTHING about at the time!)on the lot and i chose the 88 Jetta Slalom.. and that changed my whole outlook on cars forever!!

Comment

Hey man, don't feel bad about having a beetle! I plan on getting one after I finish university next year (either that or a jetta ) But dude, a VW is a VW and that's what this club is for! Nice to meet you George!

Melinda
      www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

[quote] Hey man, don't feel bad about having a beetle! I plan on getting one after I finish university next year (either that or a jetta ) But dude, a VW is a VW and that's what this club is for! Nice to meet you George!
        Melinda

thanks mel, but seriosuly.. STEP AWAY FROM THE BEETLE!!! just kiddin of course..
        just make sure your gonna be happy with it for sure.. woulndt want to see someone else end up like i did!

Comment

well, no matter how badly you regret it, I regret my car decision more.

My first car was a 1987 Pontiac 6000 LE, lol, it was ugly on the outside but the inside was awsome (slept in it more than once) lol.

Anyways, then I inherited like $20,000, sold the 6GLE and bought a 1999 Mercury Cougar. Well that was 6 months ago and so far I've invested $1500 in the cougar (repairs not mods) and it's in the shop as we speak and who knows what it's gonna cost me this time. But as soon as she's fixed, she's for sale and i'm buyin me a VW, so except to see me around ASAP.

Steering rack: $1037
          Motor mounts: $579
          Catalytic converter: $ TBA
          Knowing I will NEVER own a ford again: priceless

Comment

well at least im not the only one! im just glad i got a v-dub!! i was sure of one thing.. glad your switching over.. i havent had any problems with my bug so i guess i shouldnt complain!

Comment

well actually.. right now no, to much going on right now for me to think about it, but its in the back of my mind still.. they still havent sold it,, as far as i know..

Comment

1988 Jetta Slalom

I too have a 1988 Jetta Slalom!! And it's still going strong!! Mine is a 4 door, with the ski sack in the trunk, heated front seats and outside mirrors, crank windows and sunroof, and metallic grey paint. I have had various rust repairs done over the years, and the last one (done in 2004), had rust removed from the inside of all 4 fenderwells (I now have alumium rivets securing the mudflaps, with hopefully, no more rust forming where they attach to the car), and the main rust which had formed around the gas filler nozzle.. With extensive use of Meguair's tech wax and rubber and vinyl spray, it shines like it's new!!! It has 157,000 km. on it now!! It was cheaper to fix up my Jetta, than even trade it in on a "newer" used Jetta. They really hold their value!!
                Long live Jettas!!

Comment

Re: 1988 Jetta Slalom

holy post from 3 years ago! welcome to the site though slalomguy

Comment

Re: i guess make myself knowen..

LOL I was wondering why I didnt know any of these names...Must be a lame dude if he wants peter's approval so bad HAHAHAH
                    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                    -james

Comment

Very old post. And I'm the Peter he speaks of. That was many moons ago.
                      The King Pack!

Comment

Blast from the Past!!!

Hope you are doing well Peter and welcome Slalomguy!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I'm doing great Blair. It's been a good long while. Me thinks it's time for a good size mug of tea and a warm chair in a bookstore somewhere. Interested?
                          The King Pack!

Comment

Holy spell check batman!
                            Name: Brent
                            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                            X