Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetta vs SRT4... I lose.

Originally posted by Stonewall
    You haven't driven in Kelowna lately have you?
    Drove through about two months ago. And about two months again before that. Lived there for a couple of years. You want real traffic... go to Toronto .

However I am surprised by the number of people that did try to get me to race them heading down the highway towards the bridge - traffic backed up and kids in Civics revving their engines to high-hell. WTF?!

Aw man - are the indians still pissed about the new bridge? "This is my land!"

Comment

toasteroven: We welcome posts by all kinds of different people with different cars.

If you actually read this thread, you will see that it started out praising a SRT4 which beat a fairly well modified 1.8T Jetta (mine). So we're not all knocking your car!

Your cross-post to this forum has resulted in some problems for our users and admins, we have had a few cases of forum abuse etc. So please forgive us if tempers are high and people are a little frustrated this week.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

whoah. toasteroven's post is the longest I think I've ever seen

I don't agree with everything stated, but hey I have an opinion too. It's much funner talking about cars over a beer than it is over a forum though.

Do I like the SRT-4? not really. I'm impressed with the engine, but to me, it's still a neon. See, that's my opinion And that's why I have a VW and hang on out VW forums! I've been a passenger in one, and yeah it drove nice but I just prefer VW's. Again, my opinion.

This has been posted before, but it's fantastic very fitting!
        http://demandmedia.net/story/2004/8/13/18037/9310
        1.8T
        Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
          theres a 400whp SRT4 here in winnipeg, when i saw it i was like DAAAAAAAAAAMN
          hey Simon, I think I saw that one too! what color was it?

Comment

Originally posted by guy
            hey Simon, I think I saw that one too! what color was it?
            black
            Simon

Comment

This is my nicest reply I could think of for toasteroven's comments....

Originally Posted by Z32Nut
              Obviously, someone who has never seen a modded up TDi. Double the horespower, double the torque for about 6 grand in mods...Still get 40 in town, 54-56 on the highway.

'Lil hot rod smoke pot - 2, Premium guzzlin' grocery getter - 0
              ha... HAHA.... HAHAHAHAHAHA! Last time I checked, there were no pumps at the 1/4 mile. Nice try though. Perhaps you are also of the mind that seatwarmers = TEH WIN!
              I've never lived my life by the 1/4 mile. Why?

Because it isn't worth it.

Being all piss & smoke is useless to everybody. And who knows, when you've actually got a life that DOSEN'T revolve around the twig in your pants or the car you drive, you'll come to realize that not putting all your McPay into the fuel tank and insurance is a good thing. That things like a house, nice furniture, heat, light, clothes for the kids and putting something away for when you retire are actually important.

Now...
              A) GROW UP!! and;
              B) Get the hell outta here with your little toy and go annoy somebody else!!!!!!!!
              TDi performance. Have your performance cake and eat it too
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/z32nut

Comment

Must spend hours trying to find my post where I said I didnt think the car was fast. My personal preference was that I didnt like it -- not that it wasnt a good car or that it wasnt fast --

Edit: toasteroven, welcome to our site. Nice car. Now, go play tag with the 600hp R32 whose dyno video is in another thread.
                -- Mark --
                I want my VW to be fast.
                2001 Blue Lagoon Jetta GLS 1.8T
                Terrorists suck!

Comment

Only thing I can say is that I like the weight of the MK4's. I know they are crash worthy, I tested it! Now I would like to see those light tin cans survive the same crash.... I don't think so.
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                  X