Jetta vs SRT4... I lose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetta vs SRT4... I lose.

I finally found someone driving a SRT4 who wasn't an old grandma, and had the opportunity to see how it stacks up to my Jetta in the performance department.

Anyhow, the guy pulls in behind me at a light, and I get a pretty good start... he is right on my bumper through first and second, and in third he has the extra power to pull out into the next lane to gradually pass me. Which is pretty fast.

I don't feel like my car is slow at all - its running great lately (I even beat a Monte Carlo SS on Sunday, which I believe was supercharged and pretty quick off the line). I just think that the SRT4 today was damned fast.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Re: Jetta vs SRT4... I lose.

SRT4's are quick cars. Really quick. Yet, with all that said.... it's still a neon IMO.
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Originally posted by liquid
      SRT4's are quick cars. Really quick. Yet, with all that said.... it's still a neon IMO.
      theres a 400whp SRT4 here in winnipeg, when i saw it i was like DAAAAAAAAAAMN
      Simon

Comment

That's what I was going to say.
        2008 Audi RS4
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

There is also a 350 whp SRT lurking somewhere in Calgary. It belongs to a guy I went to school with. I will try to find some more info on it. Anyway, it kinda sucks that there are so many off the lot compacts that can beat up on us VW guys.

Andrew
          www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer
            There is also a 350 whp SRT lurking somewhere in Calgary. It belongs to a guy I went to school with. I will try to find some more info on it. Anyway, it kinda sucks that there are so many off the lot compacts that can beat up on us VW guys.

Andrew
            It's just nice to know that we were in the game long before these punks bought their generic rides as is.

I mean who really cares if a Saturn Ion redline has 200 hp, it is still an ugly domestic peice of crap.

That said, I must admit that I do like SRT-4's they look pretty agressive, and are quick to boot!

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer
              Anyway, it kinda sucks that there are so many off the lot compacts that can beat up on us VW guys.

Andrew
              it just makes it all the better when we do beat them though, and ours look better doing it.
              2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
              1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
              1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
              Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Comment

lol kor got beat by a neon, ahah.
                2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
                  lol kor got beat by a neon, ahah.
                  Haha, although you could use the reasoning that he was drafting you...
                  Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
                    Haha, although you could use the reasoning that he was drafting you...
                    Just motivates me to make the car faster
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

The stock SRT that was at race city ran 14s, and he'd never raced before. 250+ hp, LSD - need a lot of mods to catch even a stock one. And they can add a chip and other cheap bolt ons too.

BTW - if you ever sit in one, they look nothing like a normal Neon. It's like saying an STI is the same as a base Impreza, or an Evo 7 is a base Lancer.

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                        It's just nice to know that we were in the game long before these punks bought their generic rides as is.

I mean who really cares if a Saturn Ion redline has 200 hp, it is still an ugly domestic peice of crap.

That said, I must admit that I do like SRT-4's they look pretty agressive, and are quick to boot!
                        I guess what I find frustrating is that these guys are really fast off the lot, and have a warranty as well. Yes you can get you MK4 pretty fast with chip etc. but when it comes to warranty time you are SOL.

I agree that the interior and trim of the VW will out class most of the new pocket rockets out there, but even when the MK5 comes out with the 2.0T FSI or whatever they are calling it VW will still be one of the slower ones out there.

As for the SRT, I still cant get past its Neon heritage.

Andrew
                        www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

that sounds about right..

right now the only factory rocket car out that i like and would buy is the 350z i love those cars

Comment

RX8 is the only car (realistic) that I'd trade up to.

Khyron
                            Geoff
                            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

40% Written off the first production year. Its the cheap to power ratio I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X