Traffic Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Sucks

Well I just took 41 mins to go 13km to get to work this morning. You have to love when the majority of your trip is on Deerfoot and Bow Bottom and you manage an average speed of 21km/h The south end of this city has pretty much every major road under construction and it is really starting to get me frustrated.

Anyway sorry for the rant but felt I needed to vent and I am sure the fact that I have no stereo in my car is not helping the situation out at all
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Traffic Sucks

Yeah, I noticed a huge increase in traffic when school started up. It seems everyone is on the road at the same time now or something.
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

I live in Hidden Valley (NW) and take 14th st all the way to work. Before school was back in my trip took 15min. Since school has ben back in my trip has been 20-40min. I do not miss Deerfoot at all!

Present
      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
      2003 VW Jetta GLI
      1992 VW Jetta GL
      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

yea i noticed that too blair my trip time hasn't changed but volume has gone way up.. although last night when i picked up my euro trunk from jeff the city decided to repave all of crowchild south and 17th ave .. so traffic was barely moving.. sigh

Comment

i noticed the city started paving like everyone road now too...
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

..my views on the traffic in this city have been covered haha, its sick. I go through 4 construction zones on my way to work, 2 on deerfoot. Ive been leaving my house at 6:30 to try and avoid traffic, but Im still in for at least an hour haul to for about 30-35km
            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
            -james

Comment

2 hours from Douglasdale to the UofC.... Grrrrr....
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

ARE YOU SERIOUS KRIS!!??? man if so i suggest developing some sorta flying jetpack to get there a little quicker lol

Comment

I will second that for sure. I cant understand why there is not more coordination between construction projects within small areas. Getting out of Mckenzie Towne/Copperfield is a mess. They should have really dealyed starting the overpass at Douglasdale unit the one at 130th was done. Not to mention that my favorite escape route, 52nd street has been closed all summer.

Did you happen to go to South trail on the Saturday that they had both ends of it shut off and only a single lane out to deerfoot to get all the cars out? That was great.

Oh well, hopefully construction will slow down for the winter here soon.

Andrew
                  www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

I am totally serious. There is large delay at Douglasdale for the deerfoot construction here. Then I was delayed again at the new Glenmore interchange (thankfully, this is nearly done) then again at the road reconstruction on Crowchild and University drive... plus the usual backups at elbow and glenmore lights in the morning... between leaving my house and getting to my office it was nearly 2 full hours.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Lol. Looks like I moved to the N.W. just in time. South Deerfoot is a mess.
                      2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

5 minutes from my house to nait
                        Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Comment

Id rather wait 2 hours in traffic a day than live in edmonton and drive 5 minutes..Thanks for reminding me of this

edit: You got snow
                          Last edited by James; 09-22-2004, 11:24 PM.
                          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                          -james

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer
                            They should have really dealyed starting the overpass at Douglasdale unit the one at 130th was done. Andrew
                            Here's the problem with doing them one at a time...instead of an extra 10 min in traffic per day, you will have an extra 3+ months of delays.....Doing both at the same time just makes more sense, get it over with and get people moving through there in less time rather than less delay....
                            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

The 130th overpass is nearly done so that is not too bad but the 52nd St seems too have taken way too long and they left in nearly undrivable condition for an absurd amount of time. Does anyone actually know what they are doing with the river bridge and area around Lafarge?? I hope they are putting an extra lane there to avoid the massive bottleneck that will occur when the Douglasdale overpass is completed.
                              Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                              X