To the computer gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the computer gurus

I have a buddy who is looking to start an online business for used car parts. He wants a web site designed and built for it. Anybody here willing to build one? Obviously he'll pay for it. Just needs to know whats involved and how much it would cost. PM me if interested
    Derick

Re: To the computer gurus

Generally if your just starting off, might wanna just steal someone else' template and see how big the site takes off before investing in a professional one..for a good one they can be costly (shopping cart stuff is tricky, back end DBs and whatnot).

Anyways, setting up a website once ya steal someone's template is a snap, I could assist if he goes this route but if not, I happen to know a couple web designers who are about to be out of jobs They'd proally do it cheap
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

www.oscommerce.com

Need someone with basic programming skills to modify. PHP/mySQL

Get a merchant account with a bank. Register your business. Get a domain name. Get server space.

QuA
      2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Oh and one more thing about domain names...When you wanna buy one, do it right then. What happens often is companies will see someone is interested in a domain, then they register it so you can buy it from them for more $$ (sounds far fetched I know but I almost bought rockon.ca a month or 2 ago and then I got an email from some other company saying they had it and I could buy it for like $20 more than where I had origonally seen it - now some punk kid in brampton has it I think... )
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

derick.. bart does websites and i'm sure he'll be more than happy to do it for him

Comment

Cool, thanks for the advice guys

I'll pass on the info to my buddy and then see what he wants to do. Bart PM'd me like 2 seconds after I posted this and he offered to do the site. So I'll let you know if it works out.... I might still fire him for not getting me a eurocluster
            Derick

Comment

ahah, ya, because they grow in my backyard... lol
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
              X