new car negotiations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new car negotiations

Time has come to look at some new cars and we have narrowed it down to a few mid sized SUV's; Infiniti qx70, volvo xc60...maybe an x3 but im not sold.

This weekend I intend on finalizing a deal and was curious what others have done for negotiations...I understand luxury brands are usually in the 6-8% above invoice range (that said, Im having a hell of a time finding invoice pricing on the volvo...everything else was easy) so is that a good starting position?

What have you all done in the past to get the best deal?
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Re: new car negotiations

when i got the Q7 i pitted the dealers against each other.. just kept feeding each one.. well the guys here are doing this and this for me

not sure if it worked but we got pretty much 'our lowest we can go' price which i found very fair..

did you look at the Q3/5? i think Q5s have to be the best selling audi in ontario ever.. i see 50x of them a day!

Comment

Mass email to all internet sales if you are set on something. I'm interested in X I have emailed other dealers. Best price wins.
      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Tell the sales person your lowest offer then instruct them that they can only go talk to their sales manager one time so they better come back with the right deal or the purchase is off.
        2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
        2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
        2001 Audi A4 - RIP
        2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
        2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
        2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
        1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
        2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

yeah..Im mostly set on the volvo and there is only one dealership in town so that limits my options

I don't hate the Q5, but the SQ5 is the only variant that will not feel like a downgrade from my current S4. And the SQ5 is ~10k more than the volvo

Also, I intend on picking up a 2014 Q5 that my mom drives right now when it comes off lease because she puts like 4000km/year on her cars
          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
          -james

Comment

Volvo was real good to deal with .. Wife did most of the dealing with the sales man.. I was busy with other stuff at the time but the deal was good that we got and the after sales treatment we've had has been great. They'll even give you a loaner of theirs if you are just getting an oil change and tell them ahead of time that you need a set of wheels .

Comment

Working...
            X