Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help - Anyone have an OBD2 Scanner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help - Anyone have an OBD2 Scanner?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has an OBD2 scanner I can use to scan my dad's BMW. It's a 2008 BMW 535xi.
    Just need to do a quick scan and write/record the error codes. Can bring a 6-pk of beer of your choice or something if necessary.

Looking in the Sundance/SE area if possible!
    403-607-3499
    Thanks!
    -Faraaz

Re: Need help - Anyone have an OBD2 Scanner?

my vagcom has a generic obd2 scanner worked on a dodge and subaru i am up in the fairview area.
    403-471-8809
    Last edited by jta430; 09-21-2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

^Jamie was able to help me. Thanks again!
      Does anyone know if BMWs have a scanner that's more specific and can narrow down the issue further? Or is OBD2 scan the furthest I can go?
      -Faraaz

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzo20 View Post
        ^Jamie was able to help me. Thanks again!
        Does anyone know if BMWs have a scanner that's more specific and can narrow down the issue further? Or is OBD2 scan the furthest I can go?
        Pretty much all brands have their own brand specific scanner. I don't know if there is something similar to the vagcom programs you can get (vw specific obviously) for your computer, that scan bmws instead. Worth heading over to bimmerforums or one of the other bmw forums to ask. Or pony up and get a snap on scantool.. but then you're 2500-3000$ in the hole!
        Last edited by danosaur; 09-21-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

For a specific BMW/MINI scanner use: (both are pretty well like vagcom)

http://www.bavariantechnic.com/

and for Porsche:

http://www.durametric.com/
          Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

The snap-on scanner the mechanic shop next door used on my a4 had like every OBD2 car and every fault ever.
            Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by Down&Out View Post
              The snap-on scanner the mechanic shop next door used on my a4 had like every OBD2 car and every fault ever.
              May I ask the name/location/phone# of said mechanic shop?
              -Faraaz

Comment

Working...
              X