Watches - Buying Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watches - Buying Used

I'm in the market for a new watch and wanted to know if anyone has had success buying used. A quick google search will send you to chrono24.com, from what I can see anyone and there dog can sell on this website including retail stores and private sellers. Given the number of fakes that are on the market I'm uneasy about going this route.
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: Watches - Buying Used

I think timezone and watchuseek are the two biggest forums for buy/sell (AFAIK?)

Takes a lot of time if you have something in mind, gotta read the forum every day, there are a lot of posts, wait for what you want to come along and then make an offer. I haven't bought anything yet but I have made some offers in the past. Almost every watch comes up eventually.

Yeah there have been stories of fakes so I would look into each poster/ seller's past, if they have sold a lot of watches then they're maybe more legit. Definitely is a risk. Remember if its too good to be true, its too good to be true.

There are some grey market retailers on the web as well, IMO they are a bit less risky, many of them have a good history of sales.
    Last edited by Kor; 08-31-2013, 09:56 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Re: Watches - Buying Used

What is it you are looking for new or used? type of watch
      I have bought from Timezone a couple of times a Tissot T touch, Tudor sub, I have also sold on timezone, I have had no troubles but also was careful
      I have bought from ebay, was not super happy but after a service the watch was very good and still a reasonable price in the end
      I bought a new Seiko orange monster from Amazon.ca, a great price for a surprisingly very good watch, in fact I ordered a black monster now
      As Kor said Timezone can be a great place for buying/selling and for info on watches just can get overwhelming with the amount of posts somedays

Comment

Working...
      X