Barcelona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcelona

I'm looking for some advice about Barcelona - starting there on a tour of Spain that will take us along the Costa Brava, down south around Andalusia and the Costa del Sol and then inland to Seville and Madrid. I think it would be awesome to do it in a convertible (this will be May/June before it gets crazy hot) and a bit of research has come up with these guys who can rent a convertible in Barcelona for a fairly good rate. Anyone done a similar trip or got any advice for me? I have heard bad stories about driving in Barcelona and various scams on the road - we may just collect the car at the airport and drive on from there.

Re: Barcelona

Drove through all of Europe last summer. Barcelona was pretty easy to navigate, but parking is either really expensive, or non-existant. We parked on the street overnight along with 100s of other cars, woke up the next morning and the car had been towed away. All the cars move for the morning rush hour and we had no idea, no signs were posted or anything. Ended up paying for parking in a parking garage afterwards. Barcelona is a pretty walkable city, and transit is pretty good from what I've heard. So I'd suggest parking the car for the time youre there and just walking around.

Never encountered any scams or anything along the way.

Was planning on going down to Madrid but was told by many people that its not worth the trip. Ended up going to Bilbao to see the Guggenheim, and San Sebastian for the amazing food. Both are within 100km of eachother in northern spain and it was absolutley goregous.

Edit: Heres a photo I took in San Sebastian
    Last edited by onceover; 02-21-2012, 09:54 AM.

Pat

His
    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Think this one may just be spam, nice pic though Pat.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I haven't heard that Madrid isn't worth it - i just heard that driving around southern Spain is awesome, particularly from Costa del Sol to Seville and through the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Comment

Bang on Pat.

Do not miss San Sebastien. It's amazing.
          Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Working...
          X