Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because show car...

Hey,

Our city's finest were out in full force today busting hard criminals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Show Car.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	513841

The price we pay to play.

Leonard
    sigpic

Re: Because show car...

i think that anyone with a modified car gets targeted. i've been pulled over a few times while doing nothing wrong and had my front windows checked for tint, etc. it sucks but cops profile people and that's the reality

Comment

Always sucks when you get an anal one :P

and btw someone needs some spelling lessons lol

not to jack the thread but....I recently got a ticket and the officer did not mark the "offence notice" box ..... think it would get thrown out?
      Last edited by Natty54; 12-08-2011, 01:02 AM.
      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Tickets typically only get thrown out if there is a major error.. even then the Officer has a certain time period to then charge you again for the same offense.

Sucks to get these tickets, but there is an easy solution! No ricer bulbs and tint!

Comment

The Dealership I work for sold a customer a truck. No lift just a Regular 2011 GMC 2500 Crew, he drove it not even 3km's and got pulled over for not having mud flaps.
          Eric
          2000 Volkswagen Jetta VR6 - Bagged
          1990 BMW 325IX- Daily

Comment

And here I thought this was pictures of you car being low.
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by Classic E View Post
              The Dealership I work for sold a customer a truck. No lift just a Regular 2011 GMC 2500 Crew, he drove it not even 3km's and got pulled over for not having mud flaps.
              Good! A truck not having mudflaps is one of the many pet peeves I have. Nothing better than being 100 feet behind a truck and hearing my front end being sandblasted.

I don't agree that dealerships sell them without though..

Comment

not so jack the thread either, has anyone else noticed lately the tickets are 30 days or less for disputes now. They used to be longer periods of time. My dad commented to me yesterday since hes fighting yet another speeding ticket and his guy commented its shorter time frames recently.
                2011 Jetta TDI

Comment

Ya I agree with you Ryan but either dealerships should by law have to install them OR the police shouldn't ticket stock trucks.
                  Eric
                  2000 Volkswagen Jetta VR6 - Bagged
                  1990 BMW 325IX- Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Classic E View Post
                    Ya I agree with you Ryan but either dealerships should by law have to install them OR the police shouldn't ticket stock trucks.
                    If they claimed the car had been inspected, do you think you could pin it on them?
                    Stefan
                    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I've heard that the law is if the truck has tires that are bigger than stock, 50% of the height of the tire must be covered, whether it be by a fender or mudflap. But I may be wrong.

Nevertheless the law should be that any truck should be equipped mudflaps, and it should be a factory requirement especially in Alberta where we get so much damn gravel put on our roads.

Comment

nope it'll fall on the owner as they are responsible for ensuring what they are driving complies, and they can then go fight with the dealership about it after the fact.
                        in the eys of the law they could care less who they bought it from, just that you as the operator are operating a vehicle that doesn't comply with the regulations
                        Team Highschool
                        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Which color of lamps (bulbs) were you using and in which light?

Comment

Hey,

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                            And here I thought this was pictures of you car being low.
                            Will snap some jpgs soon, not going to lie it looks pretty sweeeeet

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                            Which color of lamps (bulbs) were you using and in which light?
                            The "lamps" (bulbs) are blue leds and they're running/signal w/deleted amber reflectors.

The kind officer cruising deerfoot in his shiny new red charger said he was thinking of impounding my vehicle do to the "mutitude" (8) of infractions. Saved me huge dinero never the less, I'll suck it up and keep play'n lmfao

Gramps aka Leonard
                            Last edited by SilentSam; 12-09-2011, 02:41 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I believe the rule is only police are allowed any kind of blue exterior light, which makes sense but they still get sold . my theory is to make sure that your car does not attract attention by the police nothing like getting pulled over for a light because the cops are bored
                              Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Working...
                              X