Shaw has the worst service ever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaw has the worst service ever!!

Just had to vent, Shaw has the worst service ever. I've been on hold for 1hr 2ominutes so far. All because the chief installer they sent to my house didn't hook anything up as far as I can tell. I've got the new modem and the new tv box plugged in but nothing works. Of course the old modem works flawlessly albeit at the older speed levels, but **** what is a guy supposed to do?

I bet my cell phone dies before they even answer.
    GT3071R and more...

Re: Shaw has the worst service ever!!

I also have spent hours on the phone with shaw. Very frustrating.

Comment

They are horrible, I found out the hard way their systems hangs up on you after being on hold for 3 hours. One of their installers showed up at my house to install a modem this weekend. I told him I already had one and he said he had the wrong house lol I still have to hook up the last modem they sent me but don't want to wait on hold, I told him that and he was like they just hired 600 new call center people. I almost asked how many of them spoke english...
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
        I almost asked how many of them spoke english...
        I loled

Comment

I had an installer come by today, he didn't mess with too much, just did a modem and a cable box, no complaints. I just don't call during peak hours.

Comment

Wow, I have never had problems with them. Their service has been great and when we had someone come out to do some new cable outlets and such they were great. Longest I have ever been on hold is maybe 20min max. Maybe I have just been lucky but Shaw has been awesome to us!
            ~Tracy~
            MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
            Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

it probably wont help you, if your internet is acting up, but try the online chat. I gave it a try after being on hold for an hour, and got through in a matter on minutes. granted, i had to wait 8 days to get a tech to my place, but they fixed the problem, and gave me a new PVR to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by miketweedie View Post
                it probably wont help you, if your internet is acting up, but try the online chat. I gave it a try after being on hold for an hour, and got through in a matter on minutes. granted, i had to wait 8 days to get a tech to my place, but they fixed the problem, and gave me a new PVR to boot.
                I actually started the chat applet prior to phoning, 1hr 45minutes later I was done on the phone but the chat module was still waiting for the next available representative.
                GT3071R and more...

Comment

I see you posted outside of office hours..... You must call during working hours if you do not want a 2 hour hold.... They don't staff the off hours very heavily.

Comment

Any issues I've had with Shaw have been dealt with rather quickly in the past. Hold time wasn't tooo bad and they knew exactly what was up and sent people as soon as they could. Not mad......yet. brb knock on wood.

Comment

I am calling outside of business hours, maybe I'll try today at 3:30 when I get home. I can't take time off during the workday to deal with shaw.
                      GT3071R and more...

Comment

I've recently gotten Shaw to hook up cable/internet and they were great. I phoned in last night to ask a tech question and hung up after being on hold for half an hour though...
                        Work - houzz / linkedin
                        Play - haldex swap

Comment

From my experience, if hold times are reasonable then they give you the call back option almost right away... So if you don't get the option, just call back another day 'cuz you're probably gonna be on hold for over an hour. (I know, this seems counter-intuitive.)

As for overall Shaw service, it seems to have gotten a lot worse in the last while. I used to only have good experiences with 'em, and lately it's been horrible including 2 hour holds followed by getting disconnected.
                          2012 Golf R
                          Past: '08 GTI, '07 City Golf, '89 Golf

Comment

They seem to be having some problems getting to their calls in a timely manner lately. My PVR crapped the bed and I was on hold for 2+ hours a couple of nights. It turns out my PVR was toast. It was going to take 10 days to get someone to look at it or 2 days to get them out to install their new Gateway. I went for the Gateway.

I would say that right now though my TV time is split 50% Netflix USA and Shaw.

A
                            www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Since Wednesday night my router's external IP has been showing 0.0.0.0. No amount of restarting my PC, router and modem has done anything. Last night decided to call Shaw. After almost 2 hours and almost 11:00 I gave up. My only option for internet the last 2 nights was to tether my Playbook with my 9900 and use the Bridge browser.
                              2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
                              X