Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iOS 5 Available now!

It's really good so far! Love it.

Only problem I have with it........ All apps that don't work with OS5, just get removed......
    iPhone
    0%
    Blackberry
    0%
    Andriod
    0%
    Other
    0%
    Ancient Brick
    0%
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Re: iOS 5 Available now!

I'll hopefully be trying it out this Friday on my new iPhone 4S. I'll slap it on all the other i-products in the meantime though.
    John
    1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
    2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

Nevermind, my cable broke and didnt allow for the full restore. All apps are back!
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Gonna rock it when I get home, my buddy just installed it, says it is dope.

Comment

It's pretty rad, I've been updating custom SMS tones all morning, and playing with notification centre. Editing photos on the phone is pretty awesome, the one touch enhance is slick. Twitter integration is also a way to speed up tweets.

Music to permeate your soul …
          Jayson
          MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by MusicalGenius View Post
            It's pretty rad, I've been updating custom SMS tones all morning, and playing with notification centre. Editing photos on the phone is pretty awesome, the one touch enhance is slick. Twitter integration is also a way to speed up tweets.
            OMG it has custom SMS tones, and you can do Twitter?! What will they think of next?
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Not just Twitter, THE Twitter and THE Internets. Also has read receipts, the new quick access camera and notification system is very nice.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                Not just Twitter, THE Twitter and THE Internets. Also has read receipts, the new quick access camera and notification system is very nice.
                I think it's officially called the Android Notification System, it's a new feature that Apple invented to look and act just like android.

"Tom Mosca and Wil Batterham, both 15, have lined up outside Apple's George Street store before Friday's iPhone 4S launch. They arrived at 10.30am yesterday. Wil said the iPhone 4S was "so much simpler, it's better, it's classier, it's sexier" than the iPhone 4."

I agree, the look of the 4S is so much hotter than the 4.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

^^^ wtf. It's like they're brainwashed. I admit I own and iPhone. 80% of my posts are typed with one. It's popular because of very smart marketing coupled with huge early innovation. Keeping in mind the first all touch smart phone coupled with a very user friendly OS. But it's gotten out of hand with the new phone every 6 months. I'd like a 4s, but 6 months later they'll unveil the 5. I have a 3GS and it's the reason I'm fine with it. Apple should **** off for a year and make something very worth while again.

Comment

Originally posted by CGDoig View Post
                    ^^^ wtf. It's like they're brainwashed. I admit I own and iPhone. 80% of my posts are typed with one. It's popular because of very smart marketing coupled with huge early innovation. Keeping in mind the first all touch smart phone coupled with a very user friendly OS. But it's gotten out of hand with the new phone every 6 months. I'd like a 4s, but 6 months later they'll unveil the 5. I have a 3GS and it's the reason I'm fine with it. Apple should **** off for a year and make something very worth while again.
                    ^^^They could back off for 2-3 years and still be ahead of BlackBerry!!! LOL
                    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Kor, android is still a hippy os for fat losers.

Do u expect apple to not continue to copy and create functions? They don't make the best phone for no reason dude. ***** all u want to try and make android into something it'll never be. Doesn't change the fact that we have reliable phones that never crash, a proper QA'd market place... And our open source/jail broken community still develops more reliable software than android's mainstream open source community.

Ha that's actually quite funny? Have to admit (if u have a sense of humor) that android is built on an open source concept, yet they don't even do half of the reliability as apples volunteer open source Cydia hahaha!

Well, that's what u get when ur rather spend 8x as long setting up a Linux desktop when you could be sticking ur dink in chicks, or dudes (I don't judge)
                      D.J.
                      Turbo SVT Focus
                      Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Some new features for the iOS you may have missed:

Custom vibration tones - go to settings - general - accessibility and turn on custom vibrations - then you can edit them in sounds at the bottom.

In the weather app, click on the day - it will give you a breakdown of the temperatures by the hour.

In the camera - swipe to the right to look at old photos, swipe back to go back to camera.

You can delete your call history.

Safari now has private browsing.

Landscape calendar view.
                        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

U can take pics with the up volume button.

If ur a previous jail breaker user and liked sb settings, there is a uisettings add-on for the notification drop down.

I'm not going to bother upgrading to 5 until the jail break is non tethered though. Right now u have to jail break after each reboot. But u like android, Ive never revolted my iPhone anyway. So who knows.

Ps kor, don't be surprised we responded to your trolling comments.
                          D.J.
                          Turbo SVT Focus
                          Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Huh.

Music to permeate your soul …
                            Jayson
                            MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
                              Ps kor, don't be surprised we responded to your trolling comments.

Not surprised, you sound just like those kids from the article I reposted! :P

Fact is that Android market has overtaken iOS market, more apps, more users on Android than iOS, better phones, and Apple can keep adding features but they're no longer innovating, they're catching up... that's why you copy your competition. Their new phone has exactly the same design as their old phone.

Not sure why you think Android software is unstable, but Android users get great battery life, and I never have a problem with any kind of stability... apps run fast and smooth even on my 2 year old phone. Millions of other users feel the same way - more users than Apple has. Maybe you just WANT to believe that Apple software is somehow better. I've written both iOS and Android apps - not a hobby, as my career - and let me tell you there are tons of amateurs writing bad iOS apps that don't work properly. Where do you get this myth that there isn't?

Better sounding phone calls, fewer disconnects - and I don't have to "Jailbreak" ****, while you're reading about that and pretending you're a cool hacker dude, your mom's making me breakfast.
                              Last edited by Kor; 10-13-2011, 08:01 AM.
                              KR
                              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                              X