X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lube-X Screwed Up?

I'm starting to save my truck used oil! lol
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Anyone know a good lawyer I could get to write a letter if it comes to that?

Comment

I am in the process of suing an uninsured driver that totaled my car and you don't need a lawyer to write a letter of demand. There are some examples on line but basically you just say in the letter what you want and if you don't get it within a certain time frame that your going to sue make sure you send it to the owner of the business.

Comment

I probably will have close to 100 liters of black used diesel oil after I get my big truck done.

These quick lube places have been doing this for a very long time. When I used to work in a shop (Not quick lube) we had a fair number of stripped oil pans come in for repair from the quick lubes. You put a 16 year old under a car and pay him minimum wage what do you expect?
          Ben
          2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
          2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
          2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
          Her's
          2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

in there defense rather have it to tight then too loose.

new oil pan vs new engine.

Comment

Originally posted by NotaGti View Post
              in there defense rather have it to tight then too loose.

new oil pan vs new engine.

In there defense? Whos this guy? It would be better if it was loose rather then being stripped. Oil would leak out, dummy light would chime and you would know somethings wrong before the engine grenades. I'd rather have this then a 700 dollar oil pan replacement. Thank you....next !
              TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
              PM me if you need one!!

Comment

I posted something like this few years back... dejavu... I got screwed by minit-lube... Filed a BBB it's on their record. Had to get a completely new oil pan (which I paid for). Nothing was reimbursed. They offered to source a hybrid pan for me and charge me for the part and the install.. Which is stupid since they're not really helping me.. I never let anyone else touch mine ever again. I do all my oil changes.. Such a simple thing and still people manage to mess it up.. It doesnt make sense.. Just reread everything and I am down to take over their parking lot. Time and PLACE?!
                Last edited by onepointeightdub; 10-07-2011, 05:59 PM.
                drive green ||
                2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
                2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

^^ I don't like stories like that lol. I was just thinking a letter with lawyer letter head would be a little more serious than a letter from me. Also why does it cost so much for an oil pan job? The pan being ~100 bucks does it really take 6 hours to change? It doesn't seem too hard to do on your own, or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by CGDoig View Post
                    ^^ I don't like stories like that lol. I was just thinking a letter with lawyer letter head would be a little more serious than a letter from me. Also why does it cost so much for an oil pan job? The pan being ~100 bucks does it really take 6 hours to change? It doesn't seem too hard to do on your own, or am I missing something?
                    At least 4 years ago, the aluminum oil pans from VW were close to $500.00 if I'm not mistaken, plus 2 hrs for install. Not sure what the o.p. are worth nowadays for mk4's
                    TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
                    PM me if you need one!!

Comment

Ahh gotcha, thanks. Pans nowadays are like $85 for aluminum and $115 for the "updated" hybrids. Thanks, btw I'm picking up the rim next weekend. lol taken long enoughz

Comment

My OEM pan from Tunedub was $267.75. It took me 1.5 hours to install by myself, and you need to have a special size triple squares to get one of the bolts out (on an auto trans at least) so if you are in town stop by and ill let you use it, pretty sure i can find it. I had to cut the reach on one of those long triple square to nearly nothing and it just barely fit.

Comment

that sounds a little much for just the part.. another shop did it for me for 200 installed.. the pan still had a sticker on it too..
                          drive green ||

Comment

I have my receipt if you doubt me? It was in january when my skidplate didn't stop my pan from busting.

Sounds like this NotaGTI guy is the manager of the lube-x shop to be honest. Cam did you let it slip that you were posting about it on the internet or this site specifically? It sounds like he is trying to sway your opinion, I know you are smarter than to let that happen though lol

Comment

No I believe you was it the hybrid pan? And yes this mistake has happened over and over and regardless of which "minit" shop it is theyll have the same excuse blaming the cars. They probably use the same BS on other non-vw cars as well.
                              drive green ||

Comment

lol manager no, but i do work at one. i honestly dont care and i hope best of luck for you, but i have seen shops screw up before and get out of it, just be careful and never give up.

also try trouble shooters, they did a piece about lubex and some guys truck engine that blew up and they wouldnt resolve the issue.

did corporate contact you back?

Comment

Working...
                                X