Spacer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacer questions

Brakes and suspension will be getting installed later this week or early next and while everything is off, I was thinking about throwing some spacers on my stock 18's (audi RS6 style 5 spokes; (the 5 spokes, 18x8 - 5x112 w/ 43 et) to try and get them a bit more flush for winter mode.

Anyone have suggestions on what sized spacers I can pull off? offsets confuse the hell out of me.

Id like to push them out as much as possible but want to avoid excessive rubbing (I will likely be dialing my coils down the majority of the way, about 24-25 inches ground to fender) on the 18s.
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Re: Spacer questions

what car? tire size? and how much will your drop be?

Comment

car is b7 a4 wagon. Drop will be, I assume, about 1.5inches lower (than the s-line sport suspension,so more like 2.5 from a stocker)

Tires are 235/40-18..I think anyways, sounds right.
      -james

Comment

if you get a 2.5" drop all around I would suggest 10mm all around. 15mm could be possible but with the 235's you might risk rubbing your fenders

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking 10 front and 15 back...Maybe Ill go 8/12?
          -james

Comment

Did a bit more poking around last night; Looks like 8 and 12 is the winner.

Next question: Where do I buy the c*cksuckers?! Ive been looking for the last 20 minutes and all I can find is 5mm and 25mm lol.

edit: Found some 12.5mm's and soem 10mm's on ECS website...I can't find 8mm spacers that have a hub centric extension so Im afraid I wont be able to center the wheel properly.

So my options are:
            1) 10 up front, 12.5 in the back
            2) 5 up front (again, no hub centric ext, but my bolts should go far enough through to center the wheel with a 5mm), 12,5 out back.

Thoughts?
            Last edited by James; 09-20-2011, 11:17 AM.
            -james

Comment

Calgary autoworks sells ecs spacers. They usually have them in stock and can order them in pretty quick if not.

I know for sure they can get 7,8,and 10mm, not sure about 12 but i dont see why not.

As far as not being hubcentric, 8mm is small enough so the hub still pokes out to center the wheel. Ive been running wheels without hubcentric rings for the past 6 months without any vibrations or problems FWIW

Your best bet as far as finding what size to buy is to lower the car, put the wheels on, and measure how much farther you want the wheel to poke out in relation to the fender. Easy.
              Last edited by onceover; 09-20-2011, 01:56 PM.

Pat

His
              1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
              1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
              1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
              2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
              Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

James I have a pair of 10mm non-hubcentric if you want.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I ended up ordering 10mm hub centric and 12.5mm hub centric from ECS as they told me it was same day shipping (and it was!)

Anyways, based on my ET calculations, I should be sitting super flush with these, maybe even a bit too aggressive up front. Ill post some pictures once I rattlecan the RS6 wheels and get the spacers on haha. If I like the rattle can lime green I will get them powdercoated and then get my thule painted to match. Winter mode ballin'.
                  -james

Comment

Working...
                  X