Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US shuts down file-sharing sites

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0 View Post
    I buy all my music on Itunes. The way I see it is how much I used to spend. Seriously, $25-30 on a cd at HMV and how its just $10. I'm happy with that
    give me 10 dollars and ill burn your cds for you lol

Comment

Retarded. Internet censorship is ridiculous. Burn the white house down, then lets electrocute the fucking MPAA and RAA, all of them.

Deal with it, it is a business model for an environment that no longer exists. Fighting people, fighting fans, fighting technology, fighting the future, is futile. Total waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0 View Post
        I buy all my music on Itunes. The way I see it is how much I used to spend. Seriously, $25-30 on a cd at HMV and how its just $10. I'm happy with that
        Nothing wrong with that, and you're totally legal, but the youtube example in the link someone posted is a good example.

A big company (Viacom) says copyright infringement is central to youtubes operation. They lobby to get it censored and don't even need to fight it in court.

I think it's safe to say we all use youtube, even if we don't pirate content.
        Jay

Comment

That's the tip of the ice berg guys, this would allow a single group of individuals the ability to blacklist almost any site they deem to partake in infringing activities. Not long ago the Alberta government decided that burlesque needed to be classified alongside stripping. While burlesque is suggestive, there is also no nudity. By doing so they've essentially eliminated any chance of any existing venues to continue hosting shows.

If you let out of touch "officials" control what they see as dangerous they'll ban it every time. Infringing activities could be a label slapped on anything they want, even if it's legitimate.

Music to permeate your soul …
          Jayson
          MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Can't even believe what is happening. Leave it to the FUCKING americans to ruin something so vast.

All about the dollar, cloud computing won't last, internet neutrality is going out the goddamn window. Governments were never designed to deal with something like the internet, and the internet rules.

Comment

LOL at 1:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLKAVKtFSc4
              Last edited by J-hop; 12-01-2010, 04:05 AM.

Comment

The nice thing is they are hiding behind a semi noble cause of protecting products and reducing "theft".

But it seems ultimately its to control information flow on the internet and to what they want people to hear and know about.

No moral or just cause, another selfish crusade.
                "No one likes to shake hands with Mr.Shitty Fingers."

Comment

Working...
                X