Projector Calibration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector Calibration?

So now that my media room is fully functional, I'm looking for opinions on if it's worth it to have my projector professionally calibrated. As far as my eyes can tell the picture quality is absolutely amazing, but I keep being told (on AV forums) that it could be better. Does anyone know of a company (other than FS or BB) that does the service? What are your thoughts?

Equipment list for those interested:

Projector - Epson 8500UB
    Screen - VisualApex 92"
    Receiver/Amp - Onkyo TX-SR608
    Speakers/Sub - AV123 ELT525 Series/MFW-15 sub
    HTPC - Antec Fusion case w/ BR drive running WMC and TMT3
    NAS - unRaid server with 11.5TB of storage (3/4 full lol!)
    xbox 360 Slim
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Re: Projector Calibration?

i have a monitor calibrator. i dont know if it would work on a projector though unless you are rear projection.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

I have no idea either lol?
      Kyle
      2000 Audi S4

Comment

i place my monitor calibration onto my screen and run the software and the colors change and it adjusts stuff.

since you have a computer you could do the same, its just how we show the tool the colors. thats the tough part
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

I was in the same boat as you it looked amazing when i first plugged in my Panny AE4000 i used the auto setup that came with it and I am happy with that. Now only if i could get around to finish programing my Harmony 1100 i would be set. Plus rebuilding that wall i tore down plus finish the network wiring plus re-wire the beer fridge to a different circuit. A **** i should really finish my theater got it running then got lazy.
          2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
          2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
          2001 Audi A4 - RIP
          2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
          2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
          2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
          1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
          2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

^^haha, been there, done ALL that!

So does anyone have any other suggestions? Do you think RONDAL's calibrations method would work?
            Kyle
            2000 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by Smarty39 View Post
              So does anyone have any other suggestions? Do you think RONDAL's calibrations method would work?
              Most definitely not. Those calibration tools have a near focus sensor and there is not way for it to properly collect light. If you put it right in front of the projector it will saturate the sensor, if you put it near the screen it will have tons of scattered light.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Good to know, thanks Brent. Are there any places in town that do projector calibration specifically? I'm pretty sure FS and BB just do TV's...
                Kyle
                2000 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
                X