Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Raise/No Raise?

Originally posted by J-hop View Post
    no kidding eh, my street ices over quite bad every year and we get a solid ice raised section in the middle, at stock height with my evo skid plate on the plate drags the whole way down the street, can't imagine not having a skid plate on.
    Ditto with the Evo plate. Almost got high centred last year when I ran over a big ice block. Couldn't imagine the damage with the stocker plastic "skid plate".
    2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

my gti would be even lower come winter, it was probably one of the lower cars driven in the winter around calgary and i would take it to the mountains atleast once a week as well, i never once got stuck, it was a blast in the winter!
      sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
      His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
      Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
      Past:
      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
      2004 .:R32 BMP
      2001.5 Noggy blue s4
      2000 VW GTI 1.8T
      1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

I'm not raising mine as well, I was considering it, but i'd rather spend cash on food, as opposed to a wheel alignment.

If the streets get super bad, with built-up ice and such, I'll park it for a bit.

I figure it will be ok on the highway for a few ski trips the winter huh?

Comment

Slammed year round FTW. Mega heavy duty skid plate has saved the pan countless times.

Comment

Send Nenshi a bill! LOL
            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I got my exercise this weekend...100 cranks on the front coils and 125 on the back. I'm now officially back to 2 in the pink and 3 in the stink.
              "You know, I never noticed how many Silver Audis there were out there until you bought one..."
              My Dear Wife - April, 2010

Comment

On the mk4 dub im up to 23" from 22.75" on the winters and so far she's been a real tank, but gotta keep an eye out for those nasty hunks of road grime/ice that like to fall off trucks right in the middle of stoney trail.

Comment

I'll keep it low then. But I gotta tell you I am already pretty sick and tired of the rutted, bumpy secondary roads and even lots of the primary ones too. It is worse than driving offroad. Poor car. Takes the joy out of driving it when each trip feels like you are beating the piss out of it over a rough and bumpy trail. Seriously, nice snow removal.
                  John
                  1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
                  2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

Deerfoot is terrible the ice left on the roads are terrible.... I got a skid plate for the mk4 so it should save the pan the mk3 not as worried about pan is steel so it can take more .
                    12 Volvo XC 90
                    03 Jetta1.8T
                    95 Cabrio VRT
                    90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X