Washing and Waxing in winter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing and Waxing in winter...

Just curious, where does everyone go to wash and wax their cars during the winter?

I don't really want to go to a wash bay and then have to drive home to wax... are there any wash bays in Calgary that don't mind if you stay in the bay and do a quick wax by hand?

Thx!!

Re: Washing and Waxing in winter...

I think any place would be ok as long as its not high time, I go to brentwood car wash and they don't really care. Just go late at night or something

Comment

car wash.. wax in garage at home

Comment

Originally posted by colbe110 View Post
        Just curious, where does everyone go to wash and wax their cars during the winter?

I don't really want to go to a wash bay and then have to drive home to wax... are there any wash bays in Calgary that don't mind if you stay in the bay and do a quick wax by hand?

Thx!!
        do you wax your car after every single wash?

Comment

Originally posted by colbe110 View Post
          ...I don't really want to go to a wash bay and then have to drive home to wax...

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          car wash.. wax in garage at home
          ??!?!?!?!?

Comment

I usually go to big bucket in crowfoot, if it's not busy they don't hassle.
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by MoreSpeed View Post
              do you wax your car after every single wash?
              haha, not to worry, no not after every wash. Timing will probably work that I'll need 2 waxes until Spring arrives.

Given how much crap they put down on our roads during the dead of winter, I don't want to be washing and then driving home to wax.

Comment

car wash i mean.. big bucket.. drive through.. whatever.. drive home.. use quick spray detailer.. fix.. wax.. done

i dunno i usually clay/wax/wax/wax my cars around november and then its good all winter

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  car wash i mean.. big bucket.. drive through.. whatever.. drive home.. use quick spray detailer.. fix.. wax.. done

i dunno i usually clay/wax/wax/wax my cars around november and then its good all winter

yea I know what you meant but I think the OP was asking for places to go so you don't have to drive home to wax. Unfortunately I have to do the same as I don't have access to a garage in the winter.
                  Last edited by J-hop; 11-10-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

are you guys talking about manscaping? i would think it would be wash at home, and wax at the salon.
                    Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Go to Bubbles and pony up the extra $...they even dry your door seals so they don't freeze up...my lazy 2 cents. lol
                      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Working...
                      X