school zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school zones

anyone else catch ctv news last night, ther was a segment on school zones and the new start time.

but right at the end the traffic cop says if you are clocked at 31 its a $54 fine!!

$54 dollars for 1 over . if thats not a money grab then i dont know what is.

Re: school zones

F F F F the pO lice!

Comment

meh, your speedo reads slightly fast anyways, if you actually drive at 30km/hr (according to your speedo) you'll never have to worry. I usually drive at 25km/hr or lower through the one by my house, there are a ton of parked cars and it makes it hard to see kids running out

Comment

Some do, some don't. The speedo in my Jeep is spot on with my GPS up to 110 km/hr. Can't say what happens after that

Comment

Total tax grab.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianCoupe View Post
            Some do, some don't. The speedo in my Jeep is spot on with my GPS up to 110 km/hr. Can't say what happens after that
            yea sorry I meant dub, I forget people on here drive other things than vws haha. I think my mk4 is in the range of 6% high

Comment

All modern cars are programed 5% fast on electronic speedometers. You can see this if you monitor ABS module wheels speed sensors with VAG-COM, and compare it to the speedometer. Also tire actual size can vary from make and model even if there rated the same tire size, this can account for further error.

Comment

went to fight a ticket today and i cant say for sure but i think this rule might apply for more then just school zones
                2016 VW GTI (Stock)
                2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
                1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
                2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

Originally posted by bonfire View Post
                  Total tax grab.
                  Agreed!
                  ~Tracy~
                  MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                  Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

this sucks i have to drive through 3 school zones on the way home lol
                    03 Jetta 24v GLI

Comment

Originally posted by shconer View Post
                      All modern cars are programed 5% fast on electronic speedometers. You can see this if you monitor ABS module wheels speed sensors with VAG-COM, and compare it to the speedometer. Also tire actual size can vary from make and model even if there rated the same tire size, this can account for further error.

just so we're clear, thats only 1.5km/h, and if you can tell what 1.5km/h looks like on a speedo youre staring at your speedo too hard
                      Team Highschool
                      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

i think he was just describing the fact that speedos do not read exact.

and to be honest I think you actually can.... the division on a vw's speedo are 5km/hr, 1.5km/hr is just over 1/3 of that division, pretty easy to see actually, well at least see if you are over...
                        Last edited by J-hop; 10-20-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

lol, go argue that it's reasonably possible that your spedometer could but anywhere up to 2km/hr off and you'll get off that ticket.
                          Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

I know my speedo is off. During the construction on Glenmore they had a sign which posted your speed. I had cruise control set at 50km and it posted I was doing 46/47km.
                            So my speedo is off 3/4km.
                            Now this is the scary part. I recall nearly two years ago I got a ticket doing 67km in 50k. 17th Ave, going uphill in 5th and was too lazy to change down, so I gave it a bit of juice. I was going just above 65km, The officer wrote 67km on my ticket...that means the traffic officer must have bumped up my speed.
                            Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
                            2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
                            2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

yeah, i wouldn't be shocked. you could have just said you weren't willing to accept the contract though.
                              Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Working...
                              X