X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help...got a ticket

Ticket states: 57 disobey traffic control device for $172 bones

Here are some pics:

So I am heading to my gf's house and the cops are waiting for everyone who goes through the signs. I am one of them. From my understanding your allowed to go through just as long as you are NOT "going through"

If they didnt want people to go through there shouldnt there be a sign that JUST says road closed?

I did some looking on the internet and found some laws from other places:

-"No Through Traffic" means the road is not a closed system, but if your destination is not in the immediate neighborhood you are in violation of a local ordinance.

-Sheriff Greg White says motorists who do not live or have business on the road are ignoring the signs and traveling right through the construction zone.

The cop told me I have to follow the detour and park on the other side of the street and then cross. I then said "now you want me to j-walk?" she said no you have to go to the crosswalk which is half a block up. I told her "I dont want to park on that side of the street" She responds with "sometimes people cant have what they want" and that if I want to park on the side I want I need to follow the detour and then turn around. I also said "I can do an illegal u-turn?" she responds back "no you have to then drive around the block"

anyway im rambling.....what do you guys think?

Last edited by Natty54; 09-12-2010, 04:21 PM.
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Re: Need some help...got a ticket

i don't think they should be using a no through traffic sign and a road closed sign together, as they do mean different things. Like you said, the road is either closed or it isn't.
    Last edited by stefan; 09-12-2010, 04:33 PM.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

So to get through that bit of road, I take it you have to use the oncoming traffic lane? The lane that states do not enter/wrong way? I think your on the hook for the ticket. There is like 3 signs that say you can't enter the neighbour this way. Is this ticket affecting your points?
      TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
      PM me if you need one!!

Comment

Originally posted by vee_dubbin View Post
        So to get through that bit of road, I take it you have to use the oncoming traffic lane? The lane that states do not enter/wrong way? I think your on the hook for the ticket. There is like 3 signs that say you can't enter the neighbour this way. Is this ticket affecting your points?
        He's probably right, but if you choose to fight it and maybe save the points at least, bring your no through traffic definition with you. It does sort of imply that local traffic is ok.
        Stefan
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I am sure you can plead this down if you fight it. I would stick to saying that the sign said no through traffic but you were going to a house on that street or in the immediate area. You can argue as you said that if they wished to close the road entirely they could have blocked it off and just put 'road closed' signs up.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Its just dumb. It should have been displayed properly the signs were very confusing. Tells you to go and not to :P

and ya i think the ticket is like 2 or 3 points

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
              I am sure you can plead this down if you fight it. I would stick to saying that the sign said no through traffic but you were going to a house on that street or in the immediate area. You can argue as you said that if they wished to close the road entirely they could have blocked it off and just put 'road closed' signs up.
              ya exactly. and the really dumb thing is the only reason I got a ticket is because I stopped at her house. I got out of my car and locked it and was like almost at her gate and the cop was yelling and ran to me. No one even flagged me down

Comment

Leave "PO-PO" on you diagram when you bring it in to fight too
                Stefan
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                  Leave "PO-PO" on you diagram when you bring it in to fight too
                  haha you know it!

Comment

calgary never ceases to amaze me with a) how shitty our road construction crews are, and b) how lazy the police are
                    Team Highschool
                    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

MAN UP AND PAY THAT ****.

But seriously, fight it in Court.
                      Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Originally posted by luunta View Post
                        MAN UP AND PAY THAT ****.
                        Why you mad tho?
                        Patryk
                        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                        08 VW .:R32
                        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

You deserve the points. What part of road closed and no entry do you not understand.

From your excuses to the police office you did however understand the signs just chose to ignore them because you were too lazy to go around the block or cross the road on foot.

Road signs are there to be obeyed by all drivers, you can't pick and choose which ones are convenient for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianCoupe View Post
                            You deserve the points. What part of road closed and no entry do you not understand.

From your excuses to the police office you did however understand the signs just chose to ignore them because you were too lazy to go around the block or cross the road on foot.

Road signs are there to be obeyed by all drivers, you can't pick and choose which ones are convenient for you.
                            This, you might be able to plead down, but really, your on the hook for this one.
                            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianCoupe View Post

x2

Comment

Working...
                              X