School zones in effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School zones in effect

The LED construction sign heading west in Glenmore just before Blackfoot has a reminder for people about school zone times.
    2010 Golf

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
      If ther where no children killed in school zones that means the current speed enforcement is working. Also there are people killed at school cross walks at least once a year. There was a small child killed last year when someone passed a car that was stopped at the crosswalk.
      was just going to say, the logic of the argument the person was trying to make completely contradicted what they were attempting to say.

For those claiming that "kids should just know better" or "the stupid ones need to be eliminated", have you ever lost a ball in street hockey, basketball etc and run on the road not thinking about cars? I know I have when I was really young. I see kids bolt across the street all the time, In fact if you look in the thread about bad edmonton drivers there is a vid of a kid riding his bike out in front of the OPs car. And where, generally are the highest concentrations of kids?? schools.....

Some people will just never get it I guess and to claim the problem is not impatient drivers but rather "stupid kids" is pretty illogical.....
      Last edited by J-hop; 09-06-2010, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I have nothing against slowing down in a school or playground zone. But it would be jolly nice if the signs were not put behind tree's or zones were placed near main roads/routes...
        Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
        2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
        2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

Originally posted by Wildfire View Post
          I have nothing against slowing down in a school or playground zone. But it would be jolly nice if the signs were not put behind tree's or zones were placed near main roads/routes...
          The signs need to be WAY more visible. I know it's a major major problem in the neighbourhood around my apartment. I just recently found out I've been going 50 through a playground zone, but had no idea.
          Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Well, to be honest had a bit of a buzz going when that post was made.

A kid getting killed because a person failed to stop at a crosswalk has nothing to do with the times.

I don't ever remember running across a road to get a ball. I was brought up with the notion that if a car hits me, it wins. I didn't want to lose.

Rolling the time back won't do ****. What we need is better enforcement.

I drove through a school zone every single day, both ways, all through high-school, and only once did I see a cop car in that zone. Only once, in three years. I also went to the elementary I drove past. Ever so rarely would there be a cop there, and most of the time the cop that was there was just doing evals on the patrollers. No radar or nothing.

Comment

Working...
            X