seat repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat repair

A few guys were interested in how I was going to get my seat repaired on the new car. Here is a before/after shot of the seat. Took the guy about 30 minutes. Pretty impressive I'd say!

Before.......

After.......

The pics were taken with my iphone so the quality is not the greatest but you get the idea!

Derek
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Re: seat repair

Holy puck! How much did that run you and how did he do it?
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Cost me $75 but that's our dealer rate. Not sure
      what he charges retail.
      Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

You mentioned airbrush before.. is it basically painting over the cracks?

Comment

I think he uses a combination of wetsanding and a chemical to smooth out the leather and then airbrushes the black die on the seat. I could be totally wrong but I think thats how its done!
          Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

WTF!!! derek PM me your work email if you can.. i would LOVE to get my driver bolsters fixed like that!

ps.. does the paint wear of onto your clothes?? also can you use leather protector again on it? i'm sure you can

thats awesome

Comment

that is slick!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                WTF!!! derek PM me your work email if you can.. i would LOVE to get my driver bolsters fixed like that!

ps.. does the paint wear of onto your clothes?? also can you use leather protector again on it? i'm sure you can

thats awesome

Pm sent!!

Ryan, the paint will not rub off on your clothes. Its a pretty permanent solution. As I mentioned earlier, I had the exact same repair done on the 964 and it held up great for the 2 years I owned the car. Again, can't really comment on longevity of the repair but it seems to hold up nicely. I also used meguires leather protectant on the previous repairt without issue!

Derek
                Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Wow looks great!! Sorry if you mentioned it (I didn't see it) who did you end up using? CR?
                  Tunerworks Performance Inc.
                  Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
                  .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
                  STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Working...
                  X