Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any whiskey lovers?

Hey all,

So as the title states, I want to know if there's any whiskey lovers and want to find out which are the good/best ones?
    I'm a big fan of the Crown Royal, I've had the regular, special edition and the reserve but not the XR yet!

Re: Any whiskey lovers?

Canadian Club Reserve (Blue bottle) is quite smooth.
    Al
    Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Whisky is my best/worse friend.

Forty Creek is a Canadian made barrel fed whisky which is awesome! (i'd put it ahead of Crown, no question)

It think its priced similar to Crown if not slightly less. Safeway Liq store carries

Enjoy... :0

Comment

Lots of good stuff from Bruichladdich
        2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
        My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

im still recovering from the huge dent we put in a texas mickey of crown i bought for a house party i threw last weekend

the XR is quite expensive, but very tasty
          if she's nice take her easy, if she's easy take her twice

Comment

Gibsons is the one for me. also very close to same price as Crown
            Lay down with the Devil your gonna wind up in hell
            http://vinylsolutions.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
              Lots of good stuff from Bruichladdich

so are we talking like rye and bourbon whiskeys or scotch.

i love rye....CR is my go to drink there. I've tried both the XR and the SE. Though to be honest the XR isn't all THAT much better as its still just a rye.

I LOVE scotch.
              I got on that wagon hard at christmas and haven;t gotten off.
              I like a good lagavulin 16 year on stress days. Tastes like a wooden house caught fire and i love the deep peaty smell.
              Bruichladdich is good too. Their Vancouver Golf and Country Club edition is very caramelly and I do like it.
              There's another 21 year old that I have but for the life of me cannot recall its name. Its like Macallen but i dont think its that exactly. Again dark and peatty, hint of caramel and smoke. VERRRRRY smooth.
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Love Canadian Whiskey!!! In the winter I drink it all the time. Prefer short glass on ice.

Crown or Gibson's exclusively for me. Gibson's is usually a bit better.

Dunno about Canadian Club, doesn't really stand up IMO.

Not as into Scotch, that's a different drink. Get your own thread :P
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                  so are we talking like rye and bourbon whiskeys or scotch.

i love rye....CR is my go to drink there. I've tried both the XR and the SE. Though to be honest the XR isn't all THAT much better as its still just a rye.

I LOVE scotch.
                  I got on that wagon hard at christmas and haven;t gotten off.
                  I like a good lagavulin 16 year on stress days. Tastes like a wooden house caught fire and i love the deep peaty smell.
                  Bruichladdich is good too. Their Vancouver Golf and Country Club edition is very caramelly and I do like it.
                  There's another 21 year old that I have but for the life of me cannot recall its name. Its like Macallen but i dont think its that exactly. Again dark and peatty, hint of caramel and smoke. VERRRRRY smooth.
                  Yeah i'm talking rye lol, sorry for the confussion. So far I've only really liked CR to be honest, but now that you've mentioned Bruichladdich i might go get a bottle tonight and try it.

Scotch is OK, but not my preference

Comment

Sorry for bring your Rye thread down to the level scotch...

I did pick myself up a Bruichladdich 19yo 1989 ‘Black Art’ limited edition, not sure when I will drink but it should be good!
                    2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                      Sorry for bring your Rye thread down to the level scotch...

I did pick myself up a Bruichladdich 19yo 1989 ‘Black Art’ limited edition, not sure when I will drink but it should be good!
                      haha no worries -- i'm loving the responses and it's got me into wanting to try it now, only reason why i didn't like scotch is because i don't think i've found one that i really enjoyed

Comment

Originally posted by MoreSpeed View Post
                        haha no worries -- i'm loving the responses and it's got me into wanting to try it now, only reason why i didn't like scotch is because i don't think i've found one that i really enjoyed
                        I’m very much the same way, it’s a taste that is acquired over time much like wine or even beer for that matter. I think people that say they loved scotch the first time are full of ****, I am only now starting to find that I don’t mind it but after one glass I am good. A lot of scotch out there still tastes like burning Chinese toy factors to me.
                        2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

part of it is learning to actually drink scotch. its not like whiskey or rum or tequila. you dont shoot the stuff or take gulps. you sip the stuff. and im talking at a rate of like 2 fingers in a short glass in 45 minutes to an hour sip. i just get enough on my tongue to wet it.
                          i also put in a cube of ice for every fingers worth of scotch just because i find it goes down smoother, but true scotch fanatics will crucify me for doing that.
                          Team Highschool
                          Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

true true

mine is jack.. gentlemans jack when i feel for it

crown is good if i want to get drunk

my bro is an expert on jack/coke.. he can seriously dump 2-3oz in a short glass and literally eye the coke amount and it tastes simply amazing..

Comment

I like beer
                              Certified 3m installer
                              jwukovits@me.com
                              1-403-988-9012
                              Instagram @Protectit
                              I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
                              2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
                              2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

Working...
                              X