Never belive the dealer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never belive the dealer.

so the g/f s subaru forester needed a new fog light.
    subaru calgary say it is a dealer only part $255+tax with a 1 week lead time to get it.
    centar subaru $348+tx 1 week lead time

breakers yard in calgary $170 for a 2001 thats a 9 year old part.

random body shop i stopped in on the way home $148+tx ordered it at 3pm picked it up 10am the next day.brand new oem part in subaru box.

cheapest i found on the internet was $141+tx&shipping.

this place does import parts as well vw/audi/bmw. light units head and tail,hoods fenders,bumpers grills etc.

Re: Never belive the dealer.

Originally posted by jta430 View Post
    so the g/f s subaru forester needed a new fog light.
    subaru calgary say it is a dealer only part $255+tax with a 1 week lead time to get it.
    centar subaru $348+tx 1 week lead time

breakers yard in calgary $170 for a 2001 thats a 9 year old part.

random body shop i stopped in on the way home $148+tx ordered it at 3pm picked it up 10am the next day.brand new oem part in subaru box.

cheapest i found on the internet was $141+tx&shipping.

this place does import parts as well vw/audi/bmw. light units head and tail,hoods fenders,bumpers grills etc.
    And this place would be called???
    2010 Golf

Comment

that would help hey.
      calgary body shop supplies
      #3 2080 39th ave ne
      403 291 3737.

Comment

Got paint there before.... Never thought about parts
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

yea dealers can be bad, for my other car when I bought a water pump I calculated the mark up of the dealer over an online source (both oem parts) and the mark up was around 300%, and that is after I paid shipping from the online source.

Comment

yup,

I understand mark up to make a profit but they just gouge and exploit people in many cases.
            "No one likes to shake hands with Mr.Shitty Fingers."

Comment

be careful.......

Toyota Rav4 OEM foglights are $225ea (cost to dealership from Toyota Canada is $205) and I can order in AFTERMARKET "OEM" with actual Toyota part numbered FULL fog light kits for $250 (for example).

I would bet you a rub and tug performed by boyband that you bought a "OEM" look alike from body shop supplies. BECAUSE, if it is a TRUE OEM PART, Subaru would be selling the parts to them at jobber rate which is not much off of retail........

What concerns me is that dealers are supposed to sell parts across the board at the same prices give or take a few $$ but it seems the two subby dealerships here are way off of eachother........

Note: if you did get the OEM knock offs, don't worry as they are probably just as good for a fraction of the price as the OEM's.....
              Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
                be careful.......

Toyota Rav4 OEM foglights are $225ea (cost to dealership from Toyota Canada is $205) and I can order in AFTERMARKET "OEM" with actual Toyota part numbered FULL fog light kits for $250 (for example).

I would bet you a rub and tug performed by boyband that you bought a "OEM" look alike from body shop supplies. BECAUSE, if it is a TRUE OEM PART, Subaru would be selling the parts to them at jobber rate which is not much off of retail........

What concerns me is that dealers are supposed to sell parts across the board at the same prices give or take a few $$ but it seems the two subby dealerships here are way off of eachother........

Note: if you did get the OEM knock offs, don't worry as they are probably just as good for a fraction of the price as the OEM's.....
                well now i am intriged to know what i got.the part looks like a quality part, and the price was good,so not an issue really got me thinking though,
                this is what i got.i know you cant tell from the pictures but put them on anyway.looking to get more of the carbon wrap at some point .
                so will be up to see you at some point.

Comment

Working...
                X