Any Starbucks Frequenters.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Starbucks Frequenters.....

Just wondering if anyone who goes to Starbucks could make note if they have any of the high end Espresso machines for sale, as I am trying to track one down if possible.

Should look close to this and if you could let me know the location I would be most grateful!

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Any Starbucks Frequenters.....

I'm a frequent visitor I will let you know
    Certified 3m installer
    jwukovits@me.com
    1-403-988-9012
    Instagram @Protectit
    I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
    2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
    2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

I'm in Starbucks daily, ill check the location by me.

Comment

blair just give them a call
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Not sure how much these go for at Starbucks on sale, but if you want a budget super automatic, there is also the Jura ENA 3 which around Christmas was on sale online here and there for $999 CAD / $899 USD and I have seen refurbs in the low $800's. I was going to get myself one as an xmas gift since it has good reviews but my resolution for 2010 is less caffeine. I would guess that the JURA is a better machine.
          Last edited by Kor; 12-29-2009, 07:55 PM.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I can't drink Starbucks, I find their coffee gives me too much of the jitters....
            Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
            2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
            2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

Originally posted by Wildfire View Post
              I can't drink Starbucks, I find their coffee gives me too much of the jitters....
              Need to get your tolerance up! Try an Americano if the drip is harsh for you

These machines are on sale at Starbucks and they will no longer be carrying them and staff get another 30% of the discount price so a very pricey machine becomes very reasonable.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Starbucks...where do I start...I love their coffee but honestly 80% of the time I am unsatisfied with the way they make my mochas. They rush on it and don't do it right, I pay 5 bucks for a mocha that I only drink half of because as I get past half of the cup, all i taste gross! it seems like its salty...salty coffee?? WTF. This only happens to be me when i go through the drive thru...i've stopped spending 5 bucks on a coffee from there, it's rare when i actually get what i order so i've started going to tim hortons now lol, 2 bucks for a coffee and it always tastes the same!
                Only once I actually remember being satisfied with my order, I was in the drive thru, ordered my coffee and long line up, so i ended up waiting for like 10 mins for my coffee. The girl was so nice, gave me the coffee for free because of the wait and gave my a gift card which I can use towards any coffee next time i order AND my coffee tasted like it's supposed to.

Comment

nah serge i agree with part of that.. i get a triple venti mocha almost daily and depending where i go to makes a BIG difference.. the one in bow valley square is OK if 2 baristas are there otherwise its trash and i always complain and get a free one for next time haha..

the one on 16th ave by sait makes them perfect for me.. its not rocket science IMO.. hell i can make them at home just as good

Comment

Didin't have time to stop this morning, but might be going in a couple hours what they have
                    Certified 3m installer
                    jwukovits@me.com
                    1-403-988-9012
                    Instagram @Protectit
                    I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
                    2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
                    2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

Not sure if this helps you or not, but I did a LOT of shopping around and ended up buying here:

http://www.aabreecoffee.com/brand.cf...ubCategoryID=1

Aabree is really good to deal with and has pretty amazing prices on some of their merchandise, but I would still advise you to comparison shop to be sure. They have great customer service and I would probably order another machine from them if I ever have the need.

I bought a new Gaggia Baby for under $400. If you or others who use the machine really like lattes, the twin boilers on this machine are a real plus, as you can switch from espresso pull to frothing with steamer in mere seconds. Have had the machine for nearly a year and the wife uses it a lot for her chai tea lattes nearly every day. Never a problem.

Thought I would post this up in case this alternative works better for you....
                      Last edited by Q-DawgVFR; 12-30-2009, 01:02 PM.
                      Yes, I drive one of those "olympic" cars with the rings on the front....

Comment

Thanks for the replies it is not that I am really wanting an espresso machine it is just that Starbucks will no longer be selling them and I have the opportunity to get a $1500-ish machine for maybe 500-700 if one can be found so not sure I want to pass that up.
                        Blair

Comment

The Baby is manual so that's kind of a different story...

If its $500 then this is a crazy deal and by all means I hope you find one! But for $700+ I would hold out for the JURA which also looks nicer in a kitchen.
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Apparently there is not a single one in the city, so I guess this is a no go. Thanks for the help!
                            Blair

Comment

IMO if you are looking for something between $500-$1000 I bought this last year:

http://www.breville.ca/espresso/die-...o-machine.html

I just saw it at Costco yesterday for $299, half of what I paid for it

This year I bought this to match it:

http://www.breville.ca/espresso/coni...r-grinder.html

Burr grinders give a better, more consistent grind than blade grinders.

BTW costco.ca has that Magnifica for $1249, delivery is 7-10 business days.

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....=1&topnav=&s=1

And this one for $1599

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....=1&topnav=&s=1
                              2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
                              X