Finally wrote my LSAT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally wrote my LSAT!!!

Well, after months of stressing and about half a forest worth of test paper later I finally wrote my law school admission exams. Not 100% sure how I did, some parts felt good, some I flailed on. Regardless though it's done. Now all I can do is wait until January to find out how I did. Still, I'm pretty proud of the fact that I went out and did it. As a wise woman once said to me, "you can play it safe all the time, but then you miss out on a lot of opportunities". We'll see how she goes...
    "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Re: Finally wrote my LSAT!!!

Good for you.

Rmr a few years ago studying for the SAT test, once completed it felt like someone unloaded 200 lbs of bricks from my back!
    Originally posted by RedMile
    Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
    Originally posted by Smarty39
    haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

Congrats.
      Happy for you bro.
      | There is no replacement for Displacement | Go Big or Go Home |

Comment

Thanks guys, it's a relief to have it done. I tell you, it felt weird packing up all my study materials. After studying pretty hardcore for the last 6 weeks I almost don't know what to do with myself. Reminds me of those first few days after finals.

Hey Billy, we still have to run into each other one of these days. I've still got that PM with your number so maybe I'll give you a shout in the next couple of weeks. My schedule is wide open now so give me a shout.

Comment

Yeah I'm done finals on the 21st
          text me then. perhaps you can pick up my car then too. lol
          | There is no replacement for Displacement | Go Big or Go Home |

Comment

I remember studying for and writing my GMAT a while back. Must be such a weight off.... Congrats!
            Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

i remember writing my LSAT. logic games FTW.

i think i got pretty shitfaced after. Was the same for the CFA. my buddies just wrote their LEvel 1's today as well and i think were going boozing pretty hard tonite
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

right on man! I write my RPAT (RCMP Police apptitude test) on Jan.16 and I'm pretty nervous/pumped for it. I do agree though, a lot of people can talk up a storm about what they want to do, but it feels pretty good when you go out and put your money where your mouth is and do it!
                Are there any other Police/LE applicants or anyone riding out deferals on here?
                "If it has tits or wheels it will give you trouble"

-97 Golf
                -91 GTI

Comment

Studying for any board/entrance exam is always sucky. After writing a huge exam its like the world is lifted off your shoulders....and that feeling gets multiplied by 10 once the results come in and you've done fine.

I remember studyin like 3-4 months for the MCAT way back in the day...I thought that was hard but now I look back and LOL at it. I just wrote and passed USMLE Step 1 a while back...now that is one exam that I will never forget. I came out of the exam in a daze, 8hr exam + many sleepless nights before it left me totally drained, dad picked me up from the exam center and we went straight to the liquor store...that quickly resolved all of my issues haha. Currently prepping for USMLE Step 2 while doing my clinical rotations, its a never ending game.

Best of luck to you LSAT folk. Go grab a beer yo!

Comment

good stuff

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the positive responses. It warms my heart see them. D-BOMB, how long is the RPAT and what does it consist of? I'm guessing it's part written and part interview? If it's like the CPS interview process I'm sure it's a grueling experience. Just remember to stay cool and you'll do alright. Also, like you said, you're putting your money where your mouth is. So props for that man.

Comment

yeah its similar to CPS, most Canadian police services have a similar process.
                        the RPAT is 139 questions and consists of 3 books that have Memory, Logic, Computation, Judgement ect...so essentially I cant wait to get it over with haha
                        "If it has tits or wheels it will give you trouble"

-97 Golf
                        -91 GTI

Comment

Well man, just keep your cool. A trick I learned to settle down before a competition run as a Luge athlete was to relax your jaw, face and then take a deep exhale out and let the rest of the body relax. If you find yourself in a tense spot keep that in mind it'll help. Other than that I'm sure you're prepared. I've heard you talking about on other occasions and you seem pretty dedicated to making it happen. Just let it flow, if you've prepared as much as I think you have then you've got nothing to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                          X