Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car pricing help?

Eurodrivers:

I hope this post is in the right section..

My '88 Jetta Slalom is now 21 yrs. old, and I just found out that a new "idle air stabilizer valve" from NL will set me back $504. I am not mechanically inclined, unfortunately..

If I was to sell it, and get something else, would anyone in here be able to offer a ball park figure of what I might sell it for?

For what it's worth, I have an aftermarket grill that incorporates driving lights (still have the original grill as well), a 6 CD changer in the trunk, and an alarm. Some rust, but not rediculous amounts.. When shined up, it still looks pretty new.

I'm not looking for top dollar--just have no clue what it is now worth. Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Re: Car pricing help?

500-600 maybe?
    Nick
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Useless without pics... Interior?

Also that part, my old GTX needed a new reverse switch for the transmission, Northland quoted me $200 something for just the part, I did some searching online, I bought a new one for $13 shipped, did a little more research on location and installed it myself, either look on the vortex or ask someone with knowledge to give you a hand, I know there are tons of guys(and a couple gals too) on here that would be willing to help.
      Last edited by BaggedGLI; 11-30-2009, 05:49 PM.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

With just the info in your post,

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/mm...lve~parts.html

Googled it. If that fails go see Paul at Bert and Jacks
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Alot of times those valves are mis-diagnosed check the wiring.
          I have one here if you want to try it.
          PNP about 25.00

Comment

For a car that old it is likely not a good idea to take it to a dealership. If you think about it not only is the hourly cost but what are the chances that a technician that is likely a few years into his career has had training on such an old vehicle?
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
            X