klipsch speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: klipsch speakers?

well my bro in law has the $2400 bose setup.. i think he got it for 1800 at costco
    5.1 and the reciever is super tiny but partially built into the sub/amp.. but has 5 hdmi inputs with full 1080p,etc,etc does all the HD formats and the speakers are tiny but holy god that system pounds and sounds sick.. i'm just not a fan of the price tag :/

especially when i need to fix my s4 up and its going to cost $$$$
    Last edited by R_Ethug; 11-24-2009, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I have heard that if you are considering Bose you should get these, they are tiny and sound way better

http://www.orbaudio.com/index.asp?Pa...ATS&Category=8
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Our good family friend uses the Behind Enemy Lines scene for their setup, although their setup is a bit weak. Nice TV and that is about it.

Our rear speakers are smaller bose ones. I am always impressed with the volume the can pound out.

Comment

well around xmas i think i'm going to just buy the klipsch hd500 ones and go from there.. that should suffice for what i need.. hopefully they'll go on sale around that time..

Comment

If you are many going to use the speakers for movies invest in a high end center channel speaker and a pounding sub. The center channel speaker will do 80% of your movie sound track and the sub will give you the effects you are looking for and will feel through you skin. Most movies don't use a ton of sound for the front and rear speakers.....even a cheap pair will give you the "presence" like when a car drives past.
            2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

hrmm.. well maybe i'll price out separates. i just don't want huge ass tower speakers

Comment

With a good sub you will be fine with smaller speakers. My front Paradigms are only 2 feet tall but I have them on stands. My rear speakers are bi-polar and are only about 12" tall.
                2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Personally I don't think 5.1 is even necessary in a smaller room. That centre channel will take most of the signal from the from front left and right speakers and distort it. Usually since people don't invest in a decent centre channel but get massive side speakers. I prefer 4.1 (centre channel deletion), you get to take advantage of those pricy towers as well as eliminating any potential distortion.

Then again I'm also building my speaker setup …

Music to permeate your soul …
                  Jayson
                  MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

here, buy this

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/25/l...9-and-your-se/
                    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

i love my harman kardon speakers
                      Team Highschool
                      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Everybody will say their own setup is the greatest, or these speakers are the best, or never buy these speakers, or stay away from this brand. In reality, the best way to find out what you like is to go to a reputable store and put some of the brands up against each other on the same music or movie sound that they'll most likely be playing the most. Once you've heard a few different ones, you'll either start to notice the difference (congrats, this means you're an audiophile) or you won't notice the difference at all (which means you're already going deaf) . If you don't notice any difference, then only spend up to where you don't notice a sound quality difference anymore. If you do notice the difference, you might be better off starting small (ie. 2 tower or bookshelf speakers and a sub perhaps) and then upgrading to complete the whole home theatre setup down the road.

Personally, I was in the same boat as you ($1,000 for some speakers) and was planning on getting a whole 5.1 setup from Future/BB/Visions or whatever. After looking around and doing several "speaker tests" with the same music/movie, I finally settled on a pair of Focal towers.

As Kor implied... Are you buying these speakers as an investment? Or do you plan on throwing them out in a few years? In my opinion, you'll never be upset that you bought quality speakers a couple years down the road but you will be upset if you spent money on some junk ones.

C'mon now... you decided not to buy a domestic auto years ago... are you happy about that decision? If you treat your speakers well... they will last you 10-20 years... easy.

Deuce out.
                        Rob
                        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                          Everybody will say their own setup is the greatest, or these speakers are the best, or never buy these speakers, or stay away from this brand. In reality, the best way to find out what you like is to go to a reputable store and put some of the brands up against each other on the same music or movie sound that they'll most likely be playing the most. Once you've heard a few different ones, you'll either start to notice the difference (congrats, this means you're an audiophile) or you won't notice the difference at all (which means you're already going deaf) . If you don't notice any difference, then only spend up to where you don't notice a sound quality difference anymore. If you do notice the difference, you might be better off starting small (ie. 2 tower or bookshelf speakers and a sub perhaps) and then upgrading to complete the whole home theatre setup down the road.

Personally, I was in the same boat as you ($1,000 for some speakers) and was planning on getting a whole 5.1 setup from Future/BB/Visions or whatever. After looking around and doing several "speaker tests" with the same music/movie, I finally settled on a pair of Focal towers.

As Kor implied... Are you buying these speakers as an investment? Or do you plan on throwing them out in a few years? In my opinion, you'll never be upset that you bought quality speakers a couple years down the road but you will be upset if you spent money on some junk ones.

C'mon now... you decided not to buy a domestic auto years ago... are you happy about that decision? If you treat your speakers well... they will last you 10-20 years... easy.

Deuce out.
                          Might I ask which ones, Focal makes some incredible speakers!

Plus while we're nearing the point of diminishing returns for TV's, as stated above a quality set of speakers can last for decades. In fact most quality speakers sound better after a fair amount of time than they do out of the box.

Music to permeate your soul …
                          Jayson
                          MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by MusicalGenius View Post
                            Might I ask which ones, Focal makes some incredible speakers!
                            Agreed. They are the Focal Chorus 716V towers shown below. Absolutely love them and so glad I shopped around. As mentioned above, I would have never guessed I'd end up with them when I started looking. Very sensitive speakers and produce enough bass so that a sub is optional. Plan on pairing them up with either a pair of bookshelf Focal 706V, 806V or 816V's for rear speakers depending on the $$$ situation next year. Cheers...

Last edited by Deuce; 11-25-2009, 11:47 PM.
                            Rob
                            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

well i went to a futureshop tonight and tested some out with movies and music

the klipsch hd500 for 900 bucks were OK but sounded kinda tin'y i dunno

then the guy showed me these harmon kardon set for 600

http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Pr...?PID=HKTS%2015

they sounded amazing!!! so i think i'm sold on these guys. i'll wait till after xmas to buy them tho

Comment

That's funny, I bought that set (in silver) a couple years ago and think it sounds really good, especially for the price. I bought a HK amp at the same time.

I didn't speak up about them though because everyone was talking about their fancy arse systems . I was on a pretty slim budget at the time so full surround speakers/sub/amp for <1000 bucks was good for me.
                                Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X