X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klipsch speakers?

guys i know Klipsch used to make insane quality PC setups

but how are thier home theater setups?

looking at the HD 300 or HD 500 setup for my bonus room.

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...-300-overview/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...-500-overview/

the HD 300's are like 600 bucks and the 500s are like 800-900 bucks

my bonus room is 11 and someish wide and about 16 and some feet long

so not sure if the 500's would be overkill for me

I was going to go with Energy but too hard to buy locally other than through a hookup I have but even then may cost more than its worth.

Thanks
    Ryan
    Last edited by R_Ethug; 11-23-2009, 10:14 AM.

Re: klipsch speakers?

dunno but for like 6-7 years i'm still using my klipsch promedia 4.1 speakers they keep pounding away... i did get rid of the rear 2 though, 2 are good enough by the comp.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

i work at FS and all our salesman have them haha yes we get like 75% off but they seem to think there the best.
      Ryan
      Old & Sold:
      2002 Jetta 1.8T
      2001 A4 1.8T

Current:
      2000 Audi S3 Imola Yellow
      2015 Fusion 2.0L Turbo AWD

Comment

They are OK. They will be on the level with other consumer brands like Polk or Sony etc. They often have those horn tweeters which some people like and some people hate.

But if you are going to spend a grand I would actually look at some high end speakers that you won't find at big box stores. Try seeing what you can look at in your budget at Sounds of Music on 8th, General Audio, Loyalty Sound, The Audio Room, or K&W on 4th. Just be honest about your budget and see what they say.

Everything that these home theatre stores sell will be a BIG level above Future Shop or Best Buy etc. I picked up B&W CM1's a few years ago for my small apartment and they are one of my best investments I think. Plus the sales people at these stores actually know what they are talking about.

Lastly, you can get amazing deals on speakers online. A few companies only sell online and they have great reputations. The best online forum for this kind of discussion is AVS Forum.

Some companies I know people recommend:

SVS
        Ascend
        AV123

E.g you could get this:

Or this:

Last edited by Kor; 11-23-2009, 11:44 AM.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

tiki can you get me the said discount lol?

Comment

From what I have heard about Klipsch lately is they have gotten away from their great quality for a good price. When they first started out they where great for the price but I have found that lately they look cheap and the quality has gone down for the price. Research research research is your friend and like Kris said AVS forum is the best place to go. They also have a nice project section which is great for setup ideas.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

yea i posted on avs forum to see some opinions

Comment

yeah I have some Klipsch PC speakers 2.1 and they kick some serious ass.

Comment

I demo a bunch of speakers when I was looking for my gear....I noticed a wide range in speaker "quality" (which I define as being able to reproduce the sounds I want to hear ie if you like jazz vs rock one type of speaker will sound better reproducing that type of sound). I ended up buying some Paradigm Reference speakers and I have been very happy with them. I found that the Tanoy speakers were a close second. Listen to a ton of speakers and bring your own reference music so that you are listening to the same setup.
                  2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

don't listen to music through em..

movies, tv and bluray.. thats it

Comment

Bring a movie and watch a scene. Whenever people come over, and we want to show off our setup we play the landing on the beach in Saving Private Ryan.

We have Bose rear speakers, Soundstage center, and some older Boston Acoustic fronts and a sound stage sub. One day we might get a new matching setup as the Bostons are betting a bit tired. Also our Bostons are loud speakers, the louder you play them, the crisper they become. Before we had the center channel speaker, it kinda sucked.

Our Bostons are really designed for playing Boston, and that reflects how old they are.

A buddy of mine rocks Athena's and B&W's and he is an audiophile, and loves his setup. It is very impressive.

Comment

no no you want the plane/rocket scene from behind enemy lines
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

my rears are klipsch and i love them, they are there higher end speakers though.

I use the rambo seen where he goes ape **** to demo my system all the time love that scene
                          Last edited by gheron; 11-24-2009, 11:43 AM.

Current
                          02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
                          04 GLI low and slow OG
                          Past
                          02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
                          00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

I've been rockin mission speakers for years. I love em.

The downtown gun battle from "Heat" is what I use to demo my system.
                            Mike
                            '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
                            '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

My home theatre I just sold was all klipsch speakers. I thought they were great, and did a bunch of shopping at the time. Best value for the money (I had a buddy that got me a pretty sizeable discount on the klipsch stuff too)

That said, I will be replacing what I had with a Bose boxed system (assuming I can find one that has good outputs) because I want tiny ass speakers. Towers look great, but where im movnig Im not going to have a lot of space to spare lol
                              REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                              -james

Comment

Working...
                              X