Fuel shortages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel shortages?

I am on vacation in southern bc and keep hearing about the fuel shortages. Anybody know if they are affecting Cranbrook or Radium? How bad is it in Calgary?
    Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
    2016 .:R (sold)
    2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
    2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Re: Fuel shortages?

I am not sure what it is like in BC, but seems pretty hit and miss here. Some stations are fine, some only have certain grades and others have nothing. From what I have heard Petro Canada and Esso's I think have the most problems.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

my last fill up was 94 at 89.9c at a Mohawk nearby
      drive green ||
      2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
      2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

I heard there was a shortage in Invermere, but was there all weekend and didn't notice anything. It's not for enough from calgary for me to have to fill up before I come home, so I didn't actually stop at any stations.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

There wasn't any gas in Sylvan when we left on Friday night
          2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
          2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
          2001 Audi A4 - RIP
          2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
          2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
          2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
          1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
          2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Many many stores in crowsnest were out on the weekend, as well as most of Fernie. Apparently there were fights breaking out at the few that did. I passed one station with a lineup 10 cars deep when we drove down on Friday.

When we left on Monday there were a few empty stores but superstore, and a bunch of the big guys seemed fine with no big lines. Just be prepared that every store might not have premium so gas up more often - like every major city and assume the small towns will be dry.
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

yea passing through fernie and sparwood yesterday sparwood was out and lots in fernie.. tough on those with trailers/big trucks for sure!

i got gas in sparwood and all they had as 87!!! and would only give you 30 bucks max!! at 107!!! i got 20 bucks and that was it... i still had 50% of 91 in the allroad so it was OK plus just cruising home

but one passing stretch got the allroad up to like 200ish passing like 8 cars and car stunk like freaking sulpher.. i'm guessing the car didn't like pushing the 87 through it's veins.. :(

last friday even in town i was working in the NE (marlbourough area) and had to go to 5 stations before i could find premium.. stupid as hell

Comment

i went through a couple petro gas stations (in edmonton) on the weekend and alot of the pumps where out of 91 gas
                Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Comment

Last week on empty, went thru 3 stations.. couldnt find 91.. so put 5 bucks of 87 in, to hold me thru til after work. Filled up at the Esso at the 4th flyover with 91. Then, filled up yesterday afternoon in Radium after waiting 20 minutes in line, and paid 1.30 for 91. So lame.

And to think our cabin driveway, is across the street from that dead-as-sin Centrex gas station in Windermere. Balls! No idea what their prices were tho.
                  Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                  X