fire proof insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire proof insulation

I am looking for fire proof insulation. I do not need a full sized "bag" of insulation just a small amount to do a patch job around some dry wall that got replaced. It needs to be fire proof because it is located next to a chimney.

I have checked out Home Depot, Rona and Totem and all of them sell 71sq ft bags for $60. Any idea where to find a smaller amount?
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: fire proof insulation

a construction site.....at night....

maybe someone on here is a contractor that can give you a length for some beer.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

After running around the city last night I was unable to find anyone that was selling a Roxul Fire Proof insulation in anything less than 50+sq ft bag.

I got to thinking that maybe I could use something else. More or less what I am trying to do is put one more layer of insulation between my in wall cables and my fire place chimney. There is currently Roxul Fire Proof insulation installed but the insulation was cut when the dry wall was removed. Would something like a Reflectix Foil Tape work to prevent heat transfer?
      2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

To answer my own question, I will be using the Reflectix Foil Tape. My chimney itself is insulated 3 times over making the outside of the chimney cold to the touch.
        2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Here I was thinking

"I know some VW's are known for this but really?"
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Working...
          X