Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox 360 hacker help

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone can share information about how to hack a new xbox 360 to play burned backup discs. I understand that I need to open the chasis and flash the firmware on the DVD Drive? Does anyone know of anyone who does this service for a fee?

It looks like if i I want to do it myself I will need to order some hardware to get a key off the drive, so I would rather just pay someone.

Anyone want to do it for me or can recommend someone who has the tools to do it? It seems to be a LiteOn Drive.
    Last edited by Kor; 07-11-2009, 09:52 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Re: xbox 360 hacker help

I have the tools etc but it has been a long time since I have done it. I think you might loose online play if you flash it though.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I believe on one of MS's last run of hacker detection through xbox online a lto of machines were set to lock out so they would boot but would not play games so if you are thinking of hacking better to not connect it to online at all.
      Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Yeah I don't really mind, its only $200 for a new xbox. Not going to bankrupt me. I'm not very interested in going online.

Anyway I think I will learn to do it myself and just order the probe and connectivity kit.
        Last edited by Kor; 07-12-2009, 03:25 PM.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kordain View Post
          I believe on one of MS's last run of hacker detection through xbox online a lto of machines were set to lock out so they would boot but would not play games so if you are thinking of hacking better to not connect it to online at all.
          You will be fine if you don't connect it to the internet.
          2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
          My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

i have a hacked xbox 360 and play online all the time. the trick is how you burn the games. you need to download a few apps to ensure that the games are patched correctly. there are online tutorials you can check out. the apps are 'abgx360' and 'DVD mulleter'

Comment

Playing online also depends on your drive type and firmware version you first went online with. They have multiple ways of detecting the changes.
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

My xbox has the 2 red lights, which supposedly means it's overheating. I took it apart and cleaned it out, but it still comes back. My DVD tray doesn't burge either. It used to get stuck, and I would have to hit the eject button like 50 times for it to open, but now there isn't a hint of mechaincal movement in the POS. I think it is dead.

Anyone up for an Xbox bashin a la Baseball bat......Just like that fax machine in Office Space!

Comment

you need a special sata card that can talk properly with the drive in the xbox, i forget what kind its been a long time since i have done it.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by GTI CANADIAN View Post
                    I think it is dead.

Anyone up for an Xbox bashin a la Baseball bat......Just like that fax machine in Office Space!
                    You can get new drives for them or I might be able to fix it for you. I might even be willing to take it off your hands, before you destroy it that is

Comment

Working...
                    X