Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone know anyone involved in WFG?

Originally posted by Wildfire View Post
    No I mean like. Does he have a mentor or a main contact at the WFG? Or someone who he regularly speaks to there? Its usually this person who has 'indoctrinated' the individual with these ideas. That is generaly a good starting point to find what is actually going on.
    are you suggesting i go to the office and talk to his mentor person?
    D.J.
    Turbo SVT Focus
    Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
      are you suggesting i go to the office and talk to his mentor person?
      Im not too sure about that, but what I meant was in all cults, fanatics etc. There is always one person that indoctrinates or has some sort of control or link with the person. Finding out who this is, what he is doing, how he is doing it is a good starting point to understand the problem.
      I know what you mean by when you talk to your friend it turns into a argument. When you talking to him, your not arguing with him, but your arguing with the second person who has put 'ideas' into this persons head.
      Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
      2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
      2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

Originally posted by popp
        sorry to go off topic, but aliencurv, weren't you the one that had a problem with your buddies 10k a year WFG choice even though he is happy doing it? So if its 26k a year it's ok? Cause i'm sure whoever takes this job will "change" the way they act towards their friends ie: trying to sell them parts for their cars when they are out for dinner or what have you........one is peddling car parts and the other is peddling investments.......
        that's a good comment but the problem is less of him making 10k a year and more about the business ethics. as stated earlier, the 10k a year is a problem with his involvement and ethics. if his business was socially acceptable and practiced common ethics, then 10k a year would be okay with me.
        D.J.
        Turbo SVT Focus
        Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

WFG contacted me from putting my resume on a job search website. I never called back.

They have an ad up:

http://regionalhelpwanted.com/Search...62&ID=21920566

Comment

A guy from my high school who I barely even knew back then added me on FB. I figured fine, whatever, we'll catch up... All he wanted to talk about was WFG and how I should join. One afternoon at work it was super slow, and I was starting to fall asleep at my desk so I figured what the hell, I might as well tell this guy and his pyramid scheme to take a hike... Needless to say, those last 5 hours went by fast
            Last edited by snipa_mini85; 07-10-2009, 03:01 PM.
            Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
            Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
            Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

There is a study somewhere talking about things like this. Not WFG but confronting an individual, when it is contradictory to facts. Much like Newton's Third Law, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The harder you try to get him to stop, by 'proving' him wrong or whatever you are actually causing him to dig his trench bigger and deeper, and fortify it.

Need to find a way to show why he should get out of this by agreeing with him.

Comment

I know someone with WFG that's done really well for themeselves but they've been at it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by greenGS View Post
                  I know someone with WFG that's done really well for themeselves but they've been at it for years.
                  Ditto - my brother in law started with them and was at it for about 10 years before switching to another group. First few years were rough (still paid his mortgage and supported kids). But now he does really well.

Key is you have to like selling insurance/mutuals/rsps and you have to understand tax law etc.
                  Geoff
                  Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

i do well and i have a regular job that practices socially acceptable business ethics and therefore have not alienated myself from friends and family.

anyone at wfg who "does well for themselves" is not a valid justification all of the issues they cause. get a job, if your "business" depends on financial support solely from family/friends then it's not a business, and you're not a nice person.
                    Last edited by aliencurv; 07-16-2009, 09:37 AM.
                    D.J.
                    Turbo SVT Focus
                    Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
                      i do well and i have a regular job that practices socially acceptable business ethics and therefore have not alienated myself from friends and family.

anyone at wfg who "does well for themselves" is not a valid justification all of the issues they cause. get a job, if your "business" depends on financial support solely from family/friends then it's not a business, and you're not a nice person.
                      I think your just looking for an excuse to cut your ties with your friend, so I say stop complaining and just do it already.
                      Last edited by popp; 08-23-2009, 10:15 PM.
                      Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Working...
                      X