Tokyo in 72 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo in 72 hours

So I just got back from an almost overwhelming experiance. 14 days ago my coworker found a seat sale to Tokyo for $400 so that he could go for a meeting. After a lunchtime discussion a group of us in the office decided to attend as well as make a trip out of it.

40 hours of travel time later thanks to a Russian Volcano which forced us to refuel and stay the night in Hawaii (as well as miss our meeting), we finally arrived.

For those that have never been, Tokyo is an assault on all your senses.....and not in a bad way. Everything is just so fast, so different, and so immense.

I took with me my Nikon D90 and 18-200mm, 50mm and 10-20mm lenses, plus 30GB of memory.....

This is Tokyo through my eyes.

I am still busy editing my photos. I took a lot in 72 hours.
    It's amazing what only 8 hours sleep in Japan can allow you to acheive.

The full set (over 100 photos) can be viewed here ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/3144170...7620273078307/ ) , and will continue to be updated as I finish editing the photos. Still have to do the Imperial Palace as well as Electric Town and the area known as Harajuku where kids dress up like anime and cos-play characters.

Enjoy.

I can't wait to go back again.
    Last edited by RONDAL; 06-23-2009, 09:43 PM.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Re: Tokyo in 72 hours

nice pictures. I'd love to go visit tokyo myself one day...

40 hours travel time and you're only staying 2.5 days?
    Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Comment

only time i could afford to take off of work. it was supposed to be 3.5 days, but the russian volcano threw a wrench into our plans and northwest airlines couldn't adapt quick enough.

i got to see hawaii as well. bonus!
      Team Highschool

Comment

damn nice photos andrew! that second pic in this thread reminds me sooo much of saigon!

Comment

added 50 more from the palace into my photostream

Team Highschool

Comment

I'am painting number 2.
            Awesome pic's

Comment

Awesome pics, so jealous, would loved to have got in on that deal but alas it just didn't work. I have been once on an exchange when I was in High School and I really cannot wait to go again.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Amazing pictures!

Comment

Wow, just WOW! As everyone else has already said, I too would love to one day experience that side of the cosmos.

Music to permeate your soul …
                  Jayson
                  MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

I totally took the trip on a whim. It took me literally 5 minutes from my buddy saying it was $400 (taxes in) round trip, for me to agree.
                    I am usually one of those people that plan out trips and want a gameplan. In japan a gameplan is useless and will go out the window the minute you hit the ground. I just made sure to have lots of batteries, lots of SD cards, some lenses, my camera, my passport and $500CDN converted into Yen, plus the lonely planet guidebook.

Was an amazing experiance and I would definetly recommend it. You will feel so overwhelmed when you get there, and almost scared, but once you start trying to make sense of it all it will all come to you, and you will be so much better for it when you leave.

Truly was an awesome experiance.
                    Team Highschool

Comment

Amazing pics! Thanks for sharing...
                      Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
                      2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
                      2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

Working...
                      X